[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so when are emoticons going to replace tiring and excessively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1438468073212.jpg (162 KB, 1000x730) Image search: [Google]
1438468073212.jpg
162 KB, 1000x730
so when are emoticons going to replace tiring and excessively long description?
just imagine some realist novel with emoticons in it
>dimitri felt saddened, and within a fraction of time he was on his knees crying :'(
like just replace useless stuff with emoticons. it also adds some kind of tragedy
>>
File: yolojuliet.jpg (191 KB, 1056x690) Image search: [Google]
yolojuliet.jpg
191 KB, 1056x690
you're living in the past, friend
>>
>>8082126
>like just replace useless stuff with emoticons. it also adds some kind of tragedy
no
>>
>>8082133
no that stuff is just teenagebait. I'm talking about adding pre emoji emoticons to convey something
ie. : to be or not to be-that is the question :/
>>
>>8082139
sounds like a laugh track in sitcoms
>>
>>8082150
laugh tracks are cool.
>>
>>8082139
There's way too much complexity and subtlety in that monologue to have the emotions conveyed by a small yellow face. Painters create massive compositions, pour hours and hours of work in the details and a thousand other different things to cause emotions in the viewer. What can a small smiley cause?
Art isn't about effectiveness and transmission of informations, it's about the experience and beauty.
>>
>>8082248
>art is about beauty
n1
>>
File: hawk.jpg (198 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
hawk.jpg
198 KB, 1024x683
>>8082234
I hope laugh tracks die together with their users.

Also i hope the creator of the laugh track concept dies a horrible slow death.
>>
>>8082309
:,(
>>
File: laughtrack.jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
laughtrack.jpg
5 KB, 480x360
>>8082309
>>8082315
Hahahahahahahahah
>>
>>8082248
:joy_cat:
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.