[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WW1 books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: storm of steel.jpg (26 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
storm of steel.jpg
26 KB, 311x475
Can /lit/ recommend me some good books about the first world war? I find that it to be a really interesting time in history, both in and outside of the conflict.

While lurking I've seen people speak highly of pic related, would it be a good start?
>>
>i find it really interesting

lol gtfb to reddit
>>
File: Untitled.png (149 KB, 1155x830) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
149 KB, 1155x830
>>8080065
how convenient
>>
>>8080054
It's ok but I prefer Brit stuff
Diary of an infantry officer
Goodbye to all that
Some desperate glory
First bits of journey to the end of the night
Also poetry
Sassoon
Counter attack
suicide in the trenches
The general.
Wilfred Owen
A terre
Frankau
Voice of the guns
>>
>>8080054
Oh yes, reading that now and it is an amazing read. Slow at the start but then it flows so wonderfully. Just harrowing what the author went through.
>>
>>8080139
Can you recommend any works that cover the Etaples mutiny?
>>
>>8080054
Goodbye to All That, by Robert Graves. Autobiographical, and absolutely horrific.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.