[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chronicles of Narnia official power ranking. If you disagree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 84119.jpg (28 KB, 318x475) Image search: [Google]
84119.jpg
28 KB, 318x475
Chronicles of Narnia official power ranking. If you disagree with my placements or don't like C.S Lewis then you're a fucking fag.

1. The Horse and His Boy
>This one appears at the top or near the top of any competent reader's list of the Narnias. I can usually tell I won't like someone if they rank this one last or second to last and something like Caspian in first or second. It shows a lot of stupidity.

2. The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe
>Comfy af and despite a few kinks it's still the most memorable book in the series.

3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
>I almost want to put this one at #2 but a recent rereading of the series has convinced me that the first half of the book is just too slow; the second half is probably the most beautiful in the entire series though.

4. The Silver Chair
>Probably the most underrated book in the series. I won't pass much comment except to say that I think TSC and the following books are at least a tier lesser than the first three I've ranked.

5. The Last Battle
>I could see placing this possibly above The Silver Chair, but I choose not to because I like the journey narratives like Silver Chair and Horse and His Boy over the books which take place entirely in Narnia.

6. The Magician's Nephew
>This one is better than a lot of people say it is, but I'll still own that it's definitely a class below the books I've ranked above it.

7. Prince Caspian
>The most overrated in the series, probably because, after TLWW, Prince Caspian is the book most ripe for film adaptation and can feature a hot prince to appeal to tweens. The book is pretty good but it's the worst in the series by a significant margin.

Well there you have it reddit, an official and completely objective and perfect ranking of the Narnia books. Feel free to ask me any questions about Narnia as I've read the series about 12 times in my life and know everything about it.

Narnia General.
>>
This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen here.
>>
>>8077952

Why? Too deep for you? Or are you just a caspianfag in denial about his plebhood?
>>
>>8077940
C.S Lewis never wrote anything worth reading.
>>
>>8077961

Everything he wrote is worth reading. But hey, I think I know an online community that you can enlighten with your intelligence!

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/
>>
>>8077961
I disagree, I've read 7-8 of his various writing, all of which were worth reading. None were amazing, but all were worth the read. He's great for high schoolers.
>>
>>8077940
The horse and his boy is the best book, nothing more to be said.
>>
>>8077940
Man I haven't read these in forever, and even then I only read The Magician's Nephew, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and Horse and His Boy. I guess I'll check these out again
>>
>>8077968
You might have been luck posting this rubbish on r/books. I hear they enjoy reading children's stories over there.
>>
>>8077940
>then you're a fucking fag.
You've really taken Lewis's message to heart there OP
>>
>>8078087

>being this much of a retard

I'm always surprised by how stupid /lit/ is, but it's probably to be expected considering you're all college students and most people are pretty dumb. This is one of the stupider boards though.
>>
>>8078048

Good choice.
>>
>>8078201
>I'm always surprised by how stupid /lit/ is
You might feel more at home on plebbit, son.
>>
>>8077940
I only enjoyed the ones you have as the top 3 and hated Caspian, so I guess it's pretty correct. Then again, I read them over 10 years ago, so my memory might be foggy
>>
>>8078207

Well I'd feel more at home anywhere where a bunch of sub-average english students didn't constantly try to show off how amazingly smart they were by dismissing virtually every writer in the canon. Seriously, name one and there will be one of you idiots to show up and say something incredibly stupid like: "KEK, Hugo is a shit writer mate" with complete sincerity.

And I mean just look at the /lit/ member submitted writing to see just how delusional, stupid and bad most of you are. It's embarrassing lol
>>
>tfw jewish and your parents wouldnt let you read books about Christianity
>or go trick-or-treating
>>
>>8078308
You are obsessing over children's books, you embarrassing shitheal. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>8078308
>Seriously, name one and there will be one of you idiots to show up and say something incredibly stupid like: "KEK, Hugo is a shit writer mate" with complete sincerity.

yeah just ignore this it's trolls
>>
Haven't read them in a while, however, from what I remember: yes, voyage was most beautiful, last battle most depressing, magicians nephew/lionwitchwardrobe was the most narratively satisfying, horse and his boy was enjoyable and beautiful but from what I can remember, felt a little out of place within the series, but then again, series was more about the overall existence of a world in which philosophical ideas could be illustrated. Similar opinion on silver chair as to horse and yeah, nice to see another despiser of the Narnia movie sequels.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.