[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just b urself >as long as u don't use words >...unlike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: le hack face.jpg (55 KB, 701x559) Image search: [Google]
le hack face.jpg
55 KB, 701x559
>just b urself
>as long as u don't use words
>...unlike me right now haha :P xD

Wittgenstein literally said this and people call him a great philosopher...

...how?
>>
>>8074890
That's not what he said at all. He didn't say not to use words, but to use the carefully, and in accordance with what your truly believe, to not be deceptive.
>>
You can talk about what your breakfast tasted like.
You can't talk about the afterlife.
That's as plain as I can put it for a retard like you.
>>
>>8075117
'Gee, I wonder what the afterlife is like'

Did I just btfo philosophy?
>>
>>8074890
>Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

But if you can't speak of it then you have to be silent anyway? What a shit philosopher how is this supposed to be profound.
>>
>>8075122
no, Wittgenstein btfo'd himself 60 years ago with Philosophical Investigations. Also he never said you 'couldnt' speak about that which you couldn't know in the Tractatus, just that it isn't epistemologically helpful
>>
File: Ludwig_Wittgenstein[1].jpg (265 KB, 547x800) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig_Wittgenstein[1].jpg
265 KB, 547x800
>>8075122
Oh man, don't even get this guy started on the word "wonder".
>>
I'm tired of people thinking they understand a philosopher because they know a meme about him. That's why nobody understood my bro Berkeley " Is this the guy who think nothing is real ? Lol what a nerd. "
>>
>>8075415
Name one inaccurate thing in the post. 1.
>>
File: Charles_Barkley.jpg (34 KB, 480x578) Image search: [Google]
Charles_Barkley.jpg
34 KB, 480x578
>>8075415
We're all jus in Gad's mind man
>>
who is that?
>>
>>8075434
The OP displays a fundamental misunderstand. It's all wrong.
>>
>>8075457
He's David Foster Wallace, my favourite writer. He's pretty appreciated here on /lit/ and makes a may-may, which makes me happy.
>>
>>8075458
>a fundamental misunderstand

wew lad. is that a wittgensteinian term?!?!?!?!
>>
>>8075434

He wrote a whole book, short but very laconic, about this. Then another one changing his stance Most scholars aknowledge that the Tractatus is a hard read. Most of the time, when you study philosophy, the first three years are just " learning to read the classics (in a broad sense) well ". You can't sum up his doctrine in a meme. It's philosophy, not Game Of Thrones.
>>
>>8075472
wew u sure git me gud der m8.
1. i
1.1. n
1.2. g
>>
>>8075487
>literally: just b urself the post

it's like that pseudo autist has come back to life
>>
>>8075485
I know, I've read it, many times.

The fundamental message of it can be boiled down to the original post
>>
>>8075507

It's like saying that Kant's moral is the categorical imperative, ignoring where it comes from.
>>
>>8075487
1. s
1.1. m
1.2. h
>>
think in pictures not words
>>
>>8074890
Wittgenstein- The Origin of Modern Autism
>>
>>8075188

It's as if in a work about the nature of tautology and contradiction as the limit cases of logic, by virtue of which propositions "about" things are possible, axioms reveal themselves for what they are--that is, tautological, i.e. as the boundary within which our statements can make sense.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.