[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into the habit of reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (998 KB, 499x259) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
998 KB, 499x259
How do I get into the habit of reading?
>>
Do it

/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 264x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 264x242
Bump
>>
>>8063283
This, just mark some time every day and read for a set block, after a while it'll be like brushing your teeth (assuming you do that either)
>>
make a habit out of reading

have some self-responsibility
>>
Do yoga
>>
Set up a 25 minute timer on your phone, or google tomato timer. Find somewhere quiet, start the timer and read. Read until the timer runs out and dont get up or stop reading. Take a 5 min break and do another session.
1 session a day is nothing really. If you make it the first thing you do after you wake up you feel like you achieved something. You can chain a few sessions together with not much effort. If you miss a day start at 1 session
>>
>>8063366
>>8063412

Forget about this organazized shit

you only need to read you pleb

If you're not reading, you read

If you're reading and you don't want to read, read more, or read something different
>>
>>8063421
Last line is crucial

If you're not interested in what you're reading, don't force it because you'll just burn yourself out

I also usually keep a book in my backpack whenever I'm out and about. Having something easily available makes it a lot easier to just stop and read for a little
>>
>>8063391
Underrated post
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.