[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Hemingway's other books have the same style as this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 71ahJkud8uL.jpg (172 KB, 656x1000) Image search: [Google]
71ahJkud8uL.jpg
172 KB, 656x1000
Do Hemingway's other books have the same style as this? If no how come?
>>
no

dunno
>>
>>8062225
The Sun Also Rises is similar if I remember correctly.
>>
This is the only book from him i've ever read and i disliked it, but the were some times were it was fantastic (the last page for exemple).
If his other books are not written in the same way than maybe i can find something that is fantastic all the way through.
>>
>>8062225
A Farewell to Arms is similar in that it's a novel that heavily uses his characteristic 'iceberg prose', but the rest of his stuff is either explicitly roman-a-clef (The Sun also Rises) or literally memoires (The Green Hills of Africa, A Moveable Feast), and as such are slightly less rich for the realism.

He's a gorgeous writer no matter what the pseuds will say - i'd definitely pick up Farewell and Rises, the others are really interesting as well - particularly A Moveable Feast if you have any knowledge of Fitzgerald's life or want to know what Paris was like around the time Joyce was writing.
>>
>>8062485
Will his other works follow the same conversation pattern as FWtBT?
>talks about thing
>reapeat the same thing
>deviates from thing only to return to it again and tmend the conversation
>>
>>8063398
End* the conversation
>>
>>8062225
>Ernie Memmmmmmmmmmmmmingway
Not even once, lad.
>>
>>8063415
>hurrrr its not convoluted and faggy and snynonym heavy enough for me ;_;

You c/lit/lickers disgust me
>>
>>8063415
what does this even MEAN

give me some actual criticisms you little shit
>>
>>8063458
>c/lit/licker
>an insult
Heterosexuality disgusts you? How appropriate for a Memmmmmmmmingway fan.

>>8063468
It means he's a meme, lad, which he is. No one would take his "iceberg" bullshit seriously if he didn't ingratiate himself to the publishing industry via his journalistic romps before he started writing fiction. He's literally a 20th Century Tao Lin.
>>
>>8063488
Licking a woman's musky genitalia to entice her isn't heterosexuality, it's called being a beta. I bet you do it for fun you nu-male cuck.
>>
>>8063488
>It means he's a meme
What does that even mean?
>>
>>8063508
lmao

Thanks for confirming how gay Memmmmmmmmmmmingway fans are. Enjoy your homosexual meme books about old seamen and impotent WWI veterans.
>>
>>8063542
sorry, I don't speak cuck runes
>>
>>8063488
>literally
wew lad
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.