[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi there /lit/. My girlfriend is a bit basic and not really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1928742.png (458 KB, 576x567) Image search: [Google]
1928742.png
458 KB, 576x567
Hi there /lit/.

My girlfriend is a bit basic and not really interested in reading, but I've convinced her to start reading books with me.
What are your thoughts on some relatively easy (but good) books to suggest we read?
Elements of romance would probably help, but are not required.
>>
>>8061603
How do you read books with another person?
>>
there's no point trying to change your SO into someone you would want to date. disaster in the making
>>
i only read like 3 books but shit thats a good one
>>
>>8061603
simple writing with good authors, like Hemingway or Vonnegut is cool
Get some drinks and talk about the story/themes
that's what a book club is, friends hanging out with the pretense of discussing books, works pretty well desu
>>
>>8061604
You read them at the same time and discuss them as you do or when you are finished. Like a book club does. Two different copies, not the same one.

>>8061607
Thanks anon. 1984 was pretty deep, you're right.
>>
>>8061625

>pretty deep

k-e-k
>>
>>8061603
The Catcher in the Rye
To Kill a Mockingbird
>>
Give up now. Normie plebs will never understand the literary lifestyle so don't even bother.
>>
>>8061603
thegreeks
>>
>>8061603
Dear Mr. Basic,
Maybe from all the fucking reading that you've done so far, you should be able to recognize that what you're trying to accomplish is probably the single most ill-advised thing one could ever attempt to do in any sphere in life?
>>
>>8061607
Try some short and awesome ones:
- The Death of Ivan Iliich
- The Fall
- Demian
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.