[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here really enjoyed >The Little Prince as a kid? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Littleprince.jpg (31 KB, 343x429) Image search: [Google]
Littleprince.jpg
31 KB, 343x429
Who here really enjoyed
>The Little Prince

as a kid?

It's still my favorite book to this day. I just wish the author had given the characters actual names. It's also quite sad what happened to the author,
>>
>you're a horrible person if you can't see that this blob is an elephant in a snake

What a shitty book for kids what the hell is this supposed to teach them
>>
>>8060204
How did you extrpolate that from the story?
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 236x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 236x300
>>8060204
>he can't comprehend a children's book
>>
the book is plain nonsense so it's understandable why children like it. but all the adults raving about it are on the level of harry potter fans. OP just sounds like a simpleton.
>I just wish the author had given the characters actual names
double digit brainlet crap. i mean who actually thinks like this. imagine if someone said this to you in real life
>yeah i really liked wells' the time machine but i wish the time traveller had an actual name
you would walk away
>>
>>8060332
The high brow anons of /lit/ can be such an insufferable lot sometimes.
>>
>>8060332
Well it would provide more insight into the character if he had a name, what name would you bestow upon our little prince?
>>
>>8060339
crawl back to whatever mainstream media board you originated from. if this is your favorite book you're not well read enough to be making threads here. that simple.
>>
>>8060342
so you think that someone's name necessarily tells you something about their character? what are you, a fortune teller?
my point is the name doesn't matter and if it did the author would have used one.
>>
>>8060354
What would you name the character if someone put you on the spot?
>>
Puer Aeternus by Con Franz. Jungian analysis of this story. P cool. Hers and Jung's solution to the eternal children is actually pretty simple. You gotta work.

Anyway, somebody might find interesting.
>>
>>8060429
Con Franz.. Ahh autocorrect.

Von Franz.
>>
>>8060189
too many bloody hungarians on this board lately.
>>
>>8060385
kyrox
>>
>>8060566
Whats the origin of that name?
>>
>>8060385
Tyrone
>>
>>8062193
He's white...
>>
>>8062198
Never explicitly stated
>>
>>8062207
Yes it is, also he's shown as white on the cover and in the movie.

Also only white people have been on other floating objects, it is safe to assume that he's white.
>>
>>8060429
>>8060432
Someday, you and I will make love together anon.

I love you so much for sharing this.
>>
>>8062257
>implying cover and movie adaption have anything to do with actual story
stay pleb, faggot
>>
>>8060189
not as a kid

read it like a few years ago. it was really good, dont know how much i agree with it tho. its like catcher in the rye, i can appreciate everything put into the work, but i disagree with a lot of it.
>>
>>8062625
What aspects do you disagree with?
>>
>>8060189
I first read it when I was 18 and loved it. Fuck haters, this book is wonderful.
>>
File: prince.jpg (138 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
prince.jpg
138 KB, 1100x619
>>8060189
What is this book about? Is this an autobiography of the musician Prince's life as a young boy?
>>
>>8062680
>implying he stopped being little when he grew up

OHOHOHOHO
>>
File: MJ.jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
MJ.jpg
8 KB, 284x177
>>8062729
That was Michael Jackson.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.