[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you say is Stephen King's all time greatest book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: Misery.jpg (21 KB, 326x500) Image search: [Google]
Misery.jpg
21 KB, 326x500
What would you say is Stephen King's all time greatest book?
>>
The Stand
>>
IT
>>
>>8059345
>Stephen King's
>greatest book
pick one
>>
It.

No comparison really. Its pretty clearly far and away his best work.
>>
Out of the few l've read, l'd have to go with 11/22/63, but that's probably not saying much, considering the only other books of his l've read were Under the Dome and Mr. Mercedes.

I'm not a huge fan of his writing, and his endings are almost always terrible, but the guy is a really good storyteller. Reading his books is a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>8059528
You literally just translated OP's post into memespeak.
>>
>>8059345
That's like asking which of a diarrhetic's stools stinks the least.
>>
>>8059750
Coffee and tea do not have rectal cavities from which to produce stool.
>>
I like Thinner the most.
>>
>>8059719
Kek
>>
>>8059446
>>8059476
These are both correct.
You can't really compare the two, each of them is a seminal masterpiece.
>>
IT
>>
>>8059345
Was Doctor Sleep any good?
>>
>>8059750
Are you kidding, Stephen King is the master of suspense and horror.
>>
His short story "N." is my favorite thing King ever wrote. I always get a kick out of Survival Type too.
>>
Christine, without question.
>>
>>8060168
Now I know you're just shitposting.

>>8060198
He was just sucking Lovecraft's rotten dick by way of Machen with that one.
>>
Desperation
>>
>>8060327
>He was just sucking Lovecraft's rotten dick by way of Machen with that one.
Thats Revival.
>>
>>8060327
Oh please Stephen King is better than Lovecraft. Lovecraft puts me to fucking sleep.
>>
>>8059719
Is that a new logic system
>>
Why is there a Stephen King thread every couple of days here? This is /lit/, not r/books.

What is happening to this board? Isn't the SF/F containment thread enough for you savages?
>>
The JFK one
Or Under The Dome
>>
>>8060377
Fuarking this.

>Hurr durr, my fayvewrit gaems are Ocarina of Time and my favorite author is Lovecraft!
>*He made Cthulhu :^)*
>Aren't I so eccentric?! xDDDDD

Nigga, his content was good, but his writing was subpar. What is this? Amateur hour at the Okay Corral?
>>
File: 1441916198886.jpg (149 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1441916198886.jpg
149 KB, 720x480
>>8060443
never read anything from stephen king but go kill yourself, do you think 4chan is the site for the elite such as yourself where your superior literary mastery will shine since youve read books other people on this board think you should have read?
>>
>>8059446
Is the stand really worth finishing? I feel like all the fun of all the characters meeting eachother has worn off and now I just don't care.
>>
What do you call a shitty horror writer licking a dominatrix's boots?
>>
>>8059345
>Stephen King
>good books
Yeah, no.
>>
>>8062152
Have you ever read one?
>>
On Writing

If that doesn't count, The Shining

Popsy was a pretty bitchin' short story, too.
>>
>Novel
The Stand

>Bachman Book
The Long Walk

>Short Story
Survivor Type
>>
>>8059644
Wise to judge an author's entire body of work--50+ books over decades--by 3 books all from the last few years.
>>
>>8060443

>There will never be another serious Stephen King thread like there were in the first couple months of this board

I miss the old /lit/
>>
>>8062046
>>8062046

It's worth finishing only because you've already gotten this far.

You'll actually begin to despise all of the characters with the exception of Harold Lauder.
>>
>>8062547
>>8062046
We are living in the times of The Stand. Donald Trump is Randall Flagg incarnate. Bernie Sanders is mother Abigail.
>>
>>8059528
Stop being edgy
>>
It has always been my favorite, so much lore. You just get sucked into all the backstory and characterization.

Misery, The Long Walk, and Needful Things are great too.
I could never get into The Stand for some reason, tried three times and always lost interest before getting more than a quarter in.
>>
Dead Zone
>>
>>8062598
Amazing post
>>
>>8062598
>>8063649
That's actually pretty accurate. Trump has strong ties to Vegas and gambling afterall, while Bernie comes from much much humbler roots.
>>
>>8062598
>We are living in the times of The Stand. Donald Trump is Randall Flagg incarnate. Bernie Sanders is mother Abigail.

Who is Hillary Clinton then?
>>
I am the doorway
>>
not pet semetary
>>
>>8059345
IT or under the dome
>>
>>8064758
How can you say that?
>>
>>8062043

This is how standards started falling on /v/. Claims of elitism from other manchildren.

Can you guys seriously fuck off this board? It's legitimately not for you or anyone that gets upset at having standards that aren't dogshit. Take you Harry Potter, your ASOIAF, and your Stephen King shit and just go back to your cozy reddit threads where you can wallow in excrement and jerk each other off about how Harry stretched his legs and GRRM killed another side character.

Please, and thank you.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.