[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is fate real? Are we in control of how our lives turn out, are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: American_progress.jpg (144 KB, 1307x994) Image search: [Google]
American_progress.jpg
144 KB, 1307x994
Is fate real? Are we in control of how our lives turn out, are we in control of how we perceive how our lives turn out? Do we control our fate with our actions, or does it fall into our hands?
Has you ever had a moment of realization that you were meant to do something?
>>
>>8057014
No because no matter which explanation makes you feel better, the future will happen just the same.
>>
no one is meant to do anything. everything that has happened and will happen has already happened. human beings just have a natural inkling that time moves forward & that they can affect it, when, in reality, all of time is already there, like an imprint in stone. i'm grilling and i'm fucking at the same time. i'm grilling and i'm fucking at the same time. i'm grilling and i'm fucking at the same time. i'm grilling and i'm fucking at the same time. i'm grilling and i'm fucking at the same time.
>>
>>8057014
>Is fate real?
depends on your definition
>Are we in control of how our lives turn out
sometimes
>are we in control of how we perceive how our lives turn out?
obviously
>Do we control our fate with our actions, or does it fall into our hands?
mostly actions. i guess there are cases of finding a bunch of money in a bag down some alley but for the most part fate is controlled by action, or inaction
>Has you ever had a moment of realization that you were meant to do something?
yes
>>
The universe is wholly deterministic in nature and free will is an illusion. It's not something really worth expending too much thought on though. It's just a bitter pill that you should swallow and move on from.
>>
>>8057047
It's hard to argue with that, but where's your proof
>>
>>8057047
You gonna have to start defining your terms if you want to be taken seriously
>>
>>8057014
Is fate real?
Nope

Are we in control of how our lives turn out,
Nope

are we in control of how we perceive how our lives turn out?
Nope

Do we control our fate with our actions, or does it fall into our hands?
Nope

Has you ever had a moment of realization that you were meant to do something?
Yes, I realised I was meant to weasel my way into girls
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.