[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shakespeare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: shakes-big.jpg (61 KB, 700x403) Image search: [Google]
shakes-big.jpg
61 KB, 700x403
He was, is, and probably always will be the best. So why the fuck are you reading anything else? Just read him over and over and over. Reading anything else is meaningless.
>>
shakespeare stole all of his work from a black slave womyn. her name? anita sarkeesian

wake up
>>
Shakespeare isn't even a good storyteller. The Tempest is his only good play.
>>
>>8056747
I bet you got a full scholarship to study Plebology at the University of Pleb.
>>
ITT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnEB2F_v_cE
>>
>>8056658
>>8056780
>>8056771
t. shakestards

Ben Jonson is the superior playwright, nerds.
>>
>>8056785
where should I start with Benny boy? Billy does become a bit obsolete when you reread his complete works for the 70th time
>>
>>8056796
Volpone
>>
>>8056657
They will be*
>>
>>8056796
Volpone then The Alchemist, then whatever else you want.

Also, read John Fletcher. He collaborated with Shakespeare on a few of his plays. His play The Double Marriage is one of my favorites..
>>
>>8056806
>>8056824
ty guys
>>
>>8056785

>Ben Jonson is the superior playwright, nerds.

He may have been the better playwright, but he wasn't the better poet.
>>
>“Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”

What did he mean by this?
>>
my favourite thing about shakespeare is how people quote his characters and then attribute the quotes to shakespeare himself
>>
>>8057293
it's better to be an alpha than a pussy beta
>>
>>8057212
John Donne was a better poet than Shakespeare, and so was John Milton, among many others.
>>
>>8057308

>better than Shakespeare

Lord, when will September end?
>>
>>8057303

No he meant it's better to beat off in moderation than no fap.
>>
>_______ is better than Shakespeare
Plebs actually believe this.

If Shakespeare was, in fact, one person, then he is definitely the single greatest contributor to literature in the history of the world.

Let's just say his literary prowess is pretty much unfuckwittable.
>>
>>8057317
Pleb detected.
>>
>>8057342

Puhlease, try-hard...don't embarrass yourself.
>>
>>8057293
Beating the meat is better than not beating the meat.
>>
File: complete.works.bindings.jpg (39 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
complete.works.bindings.jpg
39 KB, 600x316
Which one is the patrician version?
>>
>>8057460

The Riverside is the best

Trust me

I am legit Shax scholar

You can tell because I said "Shax" for Shakespeare

Only true Shax scholars know that lingo

Therefore trust me

Therefore get the Riverside
>>
>>8057328
Don't you have a John Green thread to be posting in?
>>
File: Snrub.jpg (28 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Snrub.jpg
28 KB, 500x376
>>8056785

t. Mr Nosnoj
>>
>>8057528
quality shitpost
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.