[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /lit/ recommend some adult novels with childred as the main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1451455186962.jpg (205 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451455186962.jpg
205 KB, 708x1000
Can /lit/ recommend some adult novels with childred as the main characters?

I'm trying to write a fiction book with children/teenagers as main characters, but I want to accurately capture the emotions and thoughts; how young children perceive their world; etc. I remember being a kid obviously, but my experience was only one experience. I need some different perspectives.

Thank you.
>>
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn has a teenager as one of the main characters, but it goes back and forth from his perspective to a mid20s woman
>>
>>8056136
Dickens
Faulkner
Huck Finn
Adventures of Augie March
>>
>>8056152
>>8056153
Thank you, writing these down in my notebook as we speak.
>>
>>8056136
are you a reptilian and never were a child
>>
>>8056136
It
>>
Cement Garden - Ian McEwan
>>
>>8056159
I mean, yeah, who hasn't had an orgy with his friends of school, right?
>>
>>8056156
word. google "best bildungsroman novel" i'm sure there are lists out there.
>>
it woould be better to hang out with some actual kids
>>
Yukio Mishima's The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea
>>
>>8056136
Lord of the Flies, I'm surprised no one mentioned this.
>>
you should pay attention to real children instead. if there are any in your life, you should engage them. if not, while you're out, listen to them talk. not in a creepy way though
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.