[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Chaucer seriously believe you should give someone a slap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: tale of melibee.jpg (177 KB, 1426x1428) Image search: [Google]
tale of melibee.jpg
177 KB, 1426x1428
Did Chaucer seriously believe you should give someone a slap on the wrist for maiming your daughter because of muh bible? I thought medieval Europeans believed in feuding and were not total cucks.
>>
>>8055831
>Christians
>ever not cuckolds
>>
>>8055840
>cuckolds unironically
Fuck off back to pol
>>
>>8055893
sorry for demeaning your hobby
>>
Are you upset that he was morally superior than you?
>>8055840
Back to /b/
>>
File: one hunna.jpg (84 KB, 907x661) Image search: [Google]
one hunna.jpg
84 KB, 907x661
>>8055893
>Christianity unironically
>>
>>8055831
>Turn the other Cheek
>>
File: trudeau.jpg (42 KB, 505x328) Image search: [Google]
trudeau.jpg
42 KB, 505x328
>>8055905
>Are you upset that he was morally superior than you?

Not really, I'm upset that I wasted 40 minutes reading through a bunch of impractical, immoral, dishonorable, dishonest and unreasonable arguments only to find out the solution was "literally do nothing bro xD". I wasn't expecting to get a treatise on how to be a cuckold from a medieval Englishman.
>>
>>8055831
wtf is this pic, transgender chaucer?
>>
>>8056016
Violence begets violence. You are why we have wars.
>>
>>8055831

G.K. Chesterson was right: Chaucer's ironies are sometimes too large to be seen.
>>
>>8056028
>neighbor assaults you while you're minding your own business
>"nah I'll just let it happen, or else there might be a fight and fighting is bad"
>>
>>8056028
>Violence begets violence.

Non-resistance invites violence. Humans were created to be violent to keep the aggression of other humans and animals in check.
>>
>>8056016
aw you're projecting your babby morality onto the allknowing God.
>>
>>8055831
No
>>
>>8056038

>When ended was my tale of Melibee,
>And of Prudence and her benignity,
>Our Hoste said, "As I am faithful man,
>And by the precious corpus Madrian
>I had lever than a barrel of ale,
>That goode lefe my wife had heard this tale;
>For she is no thing of such patience
>As was this Meliboeus' wife Prudence.
>By Godde's bones! when I beat my knaves
>She bringeth me the greate clubbed staves,
>And crieth, 'Slay the dogges every one,
>And break of them both back and ev'ry bone.'...
>>
>>8057861
Ugh his Middle English is so terrible that I can't even read this shit.
>>
>>8057868
>so terrible
you speak truer than you know
>>
well this quote has the modernized spelling
>>
>>8057891
that really doesn't work for it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.