[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
weird/stupid question time. has anyone ever written a book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: sirens-660x660.jpg (175 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
sirens-660x660.jpg
175 KB, 660x660
weird/stupid question time.

has anyone ever written a book where you can't tell what era/year it is?

they leave out defining details.

we listened to music. instead of we listened to the record.
>>
>>8054974
lizards
>>
>>8054974
>>8056117
GaaaaAAAAAaaay.
>>
>>8054974
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>8054974
There's a lot that vague about Blindness that makes it timeless, placeless. Not quite what you're talking about.
>>
Samuel Beckett did with "The Unnamable",
>>
>>8057847
elizabeth grant
>>
>has anyone ever written a book where you can't tell what era/year it is?

Isn't that a defining trait of many postmodern-ish books?

The Last World by Ransmayr features the main character searching for Ovid/Naso who was banned from Rome, but it features modern technology (buses, for example)

All the pastiches in If on a winter's night a traveler are timeless. Reed's Flight to Canada has three slaves escape an American plantation but it features many modern technologies.
>>
>>8054974
>wanting to read a book based on a stupid gimmick like that
>>
>>8054974
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>8058255

>elizabeth grant

I'm in love with Lana
>>
>>8058580
lizzy grant lol. that's who lana del rey was before. lizzy put out a horrid cd. the record execs told her that it won't cut it. they told her to change her name, change her look, change her sound, change her personality and even so far as to change her face with plastic surgery. then maybe she will make it. lana is the ultimate prepackaged, corperately made fraud and I'd rape her face till she dIED.
>>
File: lizzie-grant1.jpg (26 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
lizzie-grant1.jpg
26 KB, 500x292
>>8058597
>>
>>8058607
remember when miley was hot.
>>
>>8058597

>lizzy grant lol. that's who lana del rey was before. lizzy put out a horrid cd. the record execs told her that it won't cut it. they told her to change her name, change her look, change her sound, change her personality and even so far as to change her face with plastic surgery. then maybe she will make it. lana is the ultimate prepackaged, corperately made fraud and I'd rape her face till she dIED.

Part of the reason I like her is because she's been pretty up front about that. I don't give a fuck anyway. I fucking love her look, sound, and persona.
>>
>>8058637
oh true. well that's good. I don't follow her. I just remember reading an article when she first came out as lana del rey just ripping into her about the whole lizzy grant switcheroo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.