[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is T. Hobbes /lit/ approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1109x1169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1109x1169
Is T. Hobbes /lit/ approved?
>>
who cares
>>
>>8053887
this desu XD
>>
>marxist board with little tolerance for anything near the right

wht u thnk opie?
>>
>>8053879
Yes.
Pic related, the first chapter starts with Hobbes and then leads on with a history of the state after Hobbes (loads left out but it's good on what it looks at). The second half isn't as good but it looks at how we can improve the state looking at Scandinavia and Asia . Might be a bit too neoliberal for lit ( the authors work at the Economist magazine) but it's quite good.
>>
>>8053942
Never going to read anything by those Bilderberg faggots.
>>
File: Leviathan_by_Thomas_Hobbes.jpg (1 MB, 1304x2004) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan_by_Thomas_Hobbes.jpg
1 MB, 1304x2004
yes

t. Hobbes
>>
File: 1460568230002.jpg (287 KB, 650x780) Image search: [Google]
1460568230002.jpg
287 KB, 650x780
after i read him mentioned and quoted in one of the worst books for retarded adults that i have ever read, 'the terror' by dan simmons, i consider him to be bydlo lit

p.s. i just wanted to read an adventure book about the lost expedition of franklin ("... True, the government had once sent Dr. Bull Frog, with a picked crew, to hunt for a northwesterly passage through the swamp to the right-hand corner of the wood, and had since sent out many expeditions to hunt for Dr. Bull Frog ...") and got that pile of crap quoting hobbes ><
at least it saved me from reading 'hyperion'
>>
He's one of the most influential political philosophers in the West, so if he's not /lit/ approved, he shoud be.
His idea of human nature and what makes a state worthwhile are batshit, but he's been a huge influence on Western states.
>>
do you need to read anything before him/is he reacting to a specific philosopher?
>>
File: 1463510308546.jpg (43 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
1463510308546.jpg
43 KB, 355x355
>>8053984
>>
>>8053984
kek
>>
>>8053984
suit is made of people :>)
>>
>>8054169
>His idea on human nature are batshit

top kek lel Rousseau pls leave
>>
>>8054169
His idea of human nature is wrong? How?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.