[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is ridiculous. No one's life is this pathetic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 91MxpPhSySL.jpg (538 KB, 1678x2560) Image search: [Google]
91MxpPhSySL.jpg
538 KB, 1678x2560
This is ridiculous. No one's life is this pathetic.
>>
>>8052599
Has Denis Johnson ever even done heroin lmao
>>
>>8052599
>No one's life is this pathetic.
may I refer you to >>>/r9k/
>>
>>8052599
>no one's life is this pathetic
>>8053046
>>
>>8052599
You're probably wrong about that. But you don't like it? Why? Because of what you said?
>>
>>8052599
The movie is good.
>>
>>8053463
This. Never read the book. But the movie is really solid.
>>
When I read that book I thought at first that the stories were all narrated by different characters, but no, all these awful things happened to the same guy. Some of the most gruesome sections of Tree of Smoke, another book by the same author, weren't even about the Vietnam war but about drug and alcohol fueled degradation in the United States. Although the idea of being stalked by a methodical German hitman gives me a bit of a chill even thinking about it now.
>>
>>8053539
I loved Jesus' Son. Is Tree of Smoke worth reading?
>>
>>8053491
Book's just as solid. It's cool to see where all the film's scenes come from too. Made me realise that the film was actually really well put together by someone who knew the book well.

First time I read Jesus' Son I did it straight through in just an afternoon. It's really short.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.