[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts? this writer isn't very well-liked but this seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 382x614) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 382x614
thoughts? this writer isn't very well-liked but this seems like a good book so far.
>>
>>8051900
is it a gay whore on the cover
>>
what? who doesn't like Carson McCullers?
>>
>>8052377
mainly my snooty lit professor who noticed i was reading this and said "i hate that author"
>>
>>8052384
you should remind your prof that mccullers has a place on bloom's prestigious western canon
>>
>>8052443
and then ask your prof where his place is
>>
>>8052443
She's not even in the top 10 among Southern Gothic writers, though.
>>
>>8052533
Flannery O'Connor and Faulkner are far superior, sure... But who else?
>>
>>8052533
There's Faulkner, then O'Connor, then who?
>>
I thought it was trite but then again all Southern Gothic is rather garbage. She's the worst of the bunch but corncob manlet and cripple girl aren't much better.
>>
>>8052544
>>8052735

He's a contrarian going to hide thread or memepost because he has nothing.

Good luck listing 8 more that are easily better.
>>
>>8052737
kill yourself
>>
>>8052737
>rather garbage
I take great pleasure in knowing you won't see the end of this century.
>>
File: goodadvice.jpg (54 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
goodadvice.jpg
54 KB, 460x345
>>8052443
>>8052448
>>
>>8051900
harper lee ripped this off
>>
I Only read 'the heart is a lonely hunter' and really enjoyed it.
Can someone recommend other works of her?
>>
>>8051900
I like that cover art style so much. It reminds me of the shelf of paperbacks from the '50 and '60 -- mostly sci-fi -- my father left me.
>>
What is the "Gothic" in "Southern Gothic" supposed to invoke??
>>
>>8053376
Kek your mama reminds me of a whore
>>
>>8052384
Remind him he's a lit professor who is only published by small university lit magazines and publishers and the only people that have read his work were maybe the 4 former curious lit students
>>
>>8053391
nigger
>>
>>8051900
she was an alcoholic so she's okay
>>
>>8051900
I thought about reading that but then I found out Carson was actually a woman. After that I decided to ignore her existence.
>>
>>8053301
Try The Ballad of the Sad Café and Other Stories, it have good reviwes.
>>
Anybody read The Member of the Wedding or Reflections in a Golden Eye?
>>
>>8053812
golden eye is good
>>
>>8051900
>naming a mute character "Mr. Singer"
2deep4me
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.