[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>healthy young man with promise as an officer is seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
>healthy young man with promise as an officer is seriously injured while trying to mount a horse
>the major suffering brought on by this injury and subsequent illnesses was what inspires him to delve deeper into philosophy and is a large part of what made him a powerful, original thinker
>at the end of it all, just days after finishing his autobiography he witnesses a horse being beaten by an Italian
>he goes into hysterics and wraps his arms around the horse, demanding that the Italian stop hitting it
>after this moment Nietzsche is mad and aside from rambling letters produces no more

It's like poetry, it all rhymes.
>>
>>8051827
>It's like poetry, it all rhymes.

is that you george lucas? can you stop them from making more star wars films?
>>
>>8051827
>proud polish nobleman

where is his plunger
>>
yeah but what brought him to eat all that fruit?
>>
>>8051838
Unfortunately no. In retrospect it was stupid of me to sell the franchise. I just wanted to be past it, you know? I felt that my artistry was being lost on the plebs who couldn't understand the themes I was communicating. I mean do you even know how much research I put into the sets, the locations, the tone of decadence abounding everywhere?

Many of the characters came off as annoying and loathsome but this too was intentional, they were representative of the archetypes of the monomyth coming unraveled in a dying age. The wise mentor who acts recklessly and provides weak guidance, the hero who acts unheroically and ultimately the villain who does nothing more than kicking in a rotten door and cackling as the entire rotten monument tumbles down. The villain who's plot is hilariously transparent, who in the end walks in the day with the face of a vampire and is hailed a hero and a great man by a corrupted society.

The intellectual viewer is supposed to feel sympathy for the devil, so to speak when in ROTS, Palpatine reveals the death of God, the twilight of the idols, that the spiritual guardians of the Republic were merely human, and all too human at that. But the average moviegoer just can't interface with such a deep work these days, see how popular Civil War is for an example of that.

>>8051981
He had a weak constitution after his years of illness and fruit didn't upset his stomach.
>>
>>8051981
Maybe it was the inner horse in him, Horses love fruit
>>
What did Nietzsche mean by this?
>>
>>8052190
He suggested it as a joke because apparently nobody understood what he meant in Zarathustra when the old lady says that when you're going to a woman you should remember your whip.

People thought he was just randomly throwing support for lashing women in there but really he was saying that women are not the delicate little virginal and pure flowers that 19th century society said they were. And they shouldn't be, Nietzsche was in favor of a more sexually open society. Sex is an affirmation of life and a creative act.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.