[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Walt Whitman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: wallimer.jpg (7 KB, 160x246) Image search: [Google]
wallimer.jpg
7 KB, 160x246
Thoughts on Walt Whitman?
>>
>>8048065
where is his plug hat
>>
File: CHIPPA.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CHIPPA.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>8048065

>Whitman

tss who is he whit i dont see no one else in the pikture whit him dat dont make no sense

FUKKEN HOME RUN, CHIPPERSON
>>
>>8048065
I used to like him but then I read a poem that I no longer remember but I don't like him anymore. No idea why really.

/blog
>>
I
used to like
him but
then I read a poem

that I
no longer re
member but
I don't like him anymore

No
idea
why really
>>
>>8048065
Love him. Highly artistic. One would have liked to watch him eat acorns
>>
Homosexual racist, dislike him out of principle.
>>
The best honestly. Everyone before Whitman was just leading up to him, everyone after him was trying to be him.

Walt, Ginsberg and Eliot were the greatest American poets of all time, but Walt has the distinction of also being the greatest poet in English.
>>
>>8048779

>Walt
>Ginsberg
>Eliot

One of these is not like the others...

...and by that, I mean one of these is not good. In fact, I mean one of these is atrocious and I have no idea why you included him.
>>
>>8048853
Ginsberg not great if that s what you mean
>>
>>8048065
Been wanting to read some Whitman since reading about Nietzsche's debt to him/Deleuze's debt to America. What's good intro
>>
>>8048776

plsbb8bby
>>
>>8048911
>since reading about Nietzsche's debt to him
what lmao
youre thinking about emerson
>>
>>8048065
DUDE METH LMAO
>>
>>8048773
Sick of this meme.
>>8048779
You must be lacking a lot in your literary education if you seriously think Ginsberg is one of the greatest American poets of all time. >>8048911
>2016
>reading edgy philosophers
>>
They are alive and well somewhere;
The smallest sprout shows there is really no death;
And if ever there was, it led forward life, and does not wait at the end to arrest it,
And ceas’d the moment life appear’d.

All goes onward and outward—nothing collapses;
And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.
>>
>>8049289
What a crock of shit.
>>
he was trash and he ruined poetry
>>
File: whitman.jpg (701 KB, 1129x1466) Image search: [Google]
whitman.jpg
701 KB, 1129x1466
>>
I haven't read much of his poetry, but I really liked the last section of Song of Myself.
>>
>>8052146
may I save this?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.