[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old were you when you gave up on that backlog that would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1447173779092.jpg (35 KB, 450x317) Image search: [Google]
1447173779092.jpg
35 KB, 450x317
How old were you when you gave up on that backlog that would take you years to read - or at least on the underlying assumption that piling up the titles of books you'll have at some point read could bring you anything whatsoever?

How do I do it?
>>
switch to reading books from the liberry its the only way
>>
>>8046083
lmao tfw a book is currently nine months past it's return date and I've only started reading it a week ago.
>>
>being upset at the fact that there are so many great books out there you'll never have an empty queue

why? do you care about reading great literature or being able to cross off a sufficient number of titles on your laundry list?
>>
>>8046050

you don't really like reading, that's fine, find another hobby
>>
File: 1463257474279.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
1463257474279.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>his backlog didn't undergo successive overhauls as his thought developed into itself by actuating its true germinal potential
>he didn't see great patterns and structures slowly emerge in the seeming chaos of his random "to-read" books, as whole hosts of opera and corpora once randomly scribbled down began to form filaments and gel with one another, revealing schools and influences and affinities that only his unconscious Spirit was formerly seeing
>he doesn't have one gigantic post-backlog superfile making complete sense of the canon of human thought and creativity by grouping its true wings and branches under major research projects, monumental undertakings that now define his life
>he doesn't have subcategories in his backlog for all the books that feature his fetishes
>>
>>8046083
>>8046099
>>8046114
I might've misrepresented the issue... I mostly read ebooks, which makes things worse.
Having hundreds of books, yet to read and available, bearing down on you whenever you think about taking risks on something contemporary... that almost takes the fun and impulsiveness out of chosing what next to pick.
>>
File: 1428450001766.jpg (34 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1428450001766.jpg
34 KB, 500x363
>>8046208
>tfw already doing all these things except the fetishes
>>
>>8046208
>tfw starting to realize a hypocritical dichotomy between the misanthopic fiction and the philanthropic nonfiction I read

What does this mean for me?
>>
>>8046050
I stack all the books Ive read on shelves built against the outer walls of my home, so they bring me the very real benefit of increased R-values.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.