[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the reddit/4chan dichotomy just another expression of Nietzsche's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: fragezeichenqadaffi.jpg (31 KB, 314x321) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichenqadaffi.jpg
31 KB, 314x321
Is the reddit/4chan dichotomy just another expression of Nietzsche's understanding of the Apollonian and Dionysian?

Is 4chan the ultimate expression of a Dionysian community, all too human humanity, stripped away of the Apollonian veneer that society seeks to place over it?
>>
File: 1449074443213.jpg (81 KB, 707x800) Image search: [Google]
1449074443213.jpg
81 KB, 707x800
Yes.
>>
>>8045774
that's exaggerated but you've got the gist of the thing.
>>
>implying we're not all just décadents
>>
No. Not everything boils down to this dichotomy. According to Nietzsche there are multitudes of ways of living in and understanding the world, but most of them have so little merit that they aren't worth talking about. He talks about the Apollonian and Dionysian because they are powerful and persuasive ways of understanding the world. 4chan and reddit are not powerful, nor persuasive manifestations of anything.
>>
>>8045778
me in pic (the statue)
>>
>>8045925
>4chan and reddit are not powerful, nor persuasive manifestations of anything.

Why not, what is then by your metrics?
>>
>>8045807
Youre investing alot in this personality.

Time for me to filter you.
>>
>>8045774
I unironically think this is true
>>
>>8045774
Did you really just call reddit apollonian? I mean...really?
>>
>>8046056
How about you read his whole post before commenting you fucking tit.
>>
>>8045774
>hey /lit/ am I a fuckin' genius yet?
>>
>>8045778
That fucking triggered me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.