[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thought Experiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Hello /lit/, please help me with this thought experiment:

A guardian angel has been assigned to you from heaven,
she won't tell you why she's there but she's there to remind you something every 5 minutes. Every fifth minute the angel will tap your shoulder and won't say anything, and she will do this until you die.

What do you do given this "opportunity"?

What would you remind yourself every fifth minute?
>>
remember to check that thought experiment thread for good ideas of things to be reminded about
>>
>>8045803
Clever but the thread does not exist in the thought experiment world.
>>
I don't understand. I'm just choosing something to remind myself? Why don't I just get it tattooed on my forearm
>>
she'd remind me of how awesome i am and how i shouldn't be wasting my time on this stupid website full of philistine retard gaywads
>>
>>8045818

End. Fucking. Thread.
>>
>>8045815
Are you as mindful as an angel?

Essentially yes, this is ultimately you deciding to remind yourself of something every fifth minute.

The Angel is symbolic of your 'greatest-self' which is mindful of everything you do.

>>8045818
Cool, why aren't you utilizing your advice?
>>
>>8045685
>every 5 minutes
Fuck that. How am I supposed to concentrate on anything then? How am I supposed to sleep?

>>8045818
>I'm so intelligent and superior and above this filthy place, but even here I must stand out among the cattle because I'm SOOO INTELLIGENT
Fuck you, I hope you die violently.
>>
>>8045985

What intervals would you prefer?

Besides, a light tap should not break off your concentration
>>
>>8045995
I'd like to be reminded not to waste my time every five minutes when I'm wasting my time too much. I don't want to be reminded when I'm reading a book, I want to be reminded when I'm watching retarded youtube videos and visiting 4chan boards I don't care about.
>>
>>8046010
Why not apply that mindfulness at every activity?

Let's you step back and analyze things lest you be sucked into that thing
>>
>>8045685
Not a thought experiment because you can just set your watch to go off every five minutes and do it in practice. It's just an annoying beep that goes off every five minutes.

What do you expect to think?
>Oh the alarm went off again I better make sure I'm being carefully mindful of the thing I'm doing
Plus after a while you'd probably just stop hearing it anyway since it happens all the time.
>>
Reminder that every five minutes brings me five minutes closer to the sweet embrace of death
>>
surely this is just like learning to live with essential tremor or something but less invasive. Eventually you'll just sound it out.
>>
>>8047425

What can you within a five minute interval? Some can ruin their entire lives with one wrong word.
>>
>>8047444
What's your point, under that logic? Five minutes is too long to stop a wrong word from being said.
>>
>>8047466

The intervals are really just constant reminders to our ultimate death. And that each action should be to cultivate greater physical and mental health. Every time the angel nudges you, it doesn't judge, but you should take the opportunity to asses your actions since the last time she came by to tap you. You can also use the next beep to asses your previous actions, were they beneficial and in line with what is right?
>>
>>8047499
I already keep my values at the forefront of my mind.
>>
>>8045685
>A guardian angel has been assigned to you from heaven,
>she won't tell you why she's there but she's there to remind you something every 5 minutes.

can i choose the gender of the purchased guardian angel
>>
She will remind me
"Heil Hitler"
>>
id remind myself theres a fucking angel behind me constantly.
>>
I would make her tell me what God wants me to do. Or what God thinks is best and why.
>>
File: dubs.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>8045685
To check these
>>
>>8045685
>I am the owner of my actions (kamma), heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir

>What am I becoming as the days & nights fly past?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.