[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1461772967628.jpg (49 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1461772967628.jpg
49 KB, 645x1260
Any books about suicide? or loneliness and failure?
is Die Leiden des jungen Werther any good?
>>
poo by pooer poo is good
>>
>>8044066
i know of a book by a professional suicide bomber but i cant remember the author's name
>>
Jack of Spades
>>
veronika decides to die - paolo cohelo
>>
>>8044122
Do you have a way to contact him?
>>
>>8044122
How do you become a professional at something you can only do once?
>>
>>8044655
on the job experience
>>
>>8044678
I'm sorry, the correct answer was practice.

>>8044655

Obviously, these two guys haven't come close to being professional at anything.

I'm sure smarties like you are asking how can you practice something without actually doing the real thing. I'll leave you with that question.
>>
>>8044066
The Myth of Sisyphus
>>
Good blog I found yesterday, not a book but bout suicide/depression

http://sweetasnothing.blog.com/
>>
>>8044066

Jean Amery - On suicide - a discourse on voluntary death

is excellent, easy to read, and thorough.

Thomas Liggoti - Conspiracy against theHuman Race is a good cliff notes on negative philosophy that will give u diff authors, horror writers, philosophers who speak on topics of depression, sadness, melancholy, anti natalism, etc

Thats a good beginner book, very short, and easy to read.

Émile Cioran is a great, deep, very dense read on all that is bad with life and is probaly the best book mentioned in this subject.

A short history of decay is great as is The Temptation to Exist.

Those are the more difficult reads and the best of this bunch.

You could read them in this order, or start with ligotti or hit the meat and potatos that Emil hits on.

Or you can get all three, pound it out in 2 weeks and then get a 357 snubby to cross over.
>>
File: 1461704148467.jpg (215 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
1461704148467.jpg
215 KB, 1264x1460
Modern American Feel.....
>>
>>8044066
Édouard Levé -- Suicide. I haven't read it yet but it has been recommended to me before as highly relevant (duh) and lucidly written.
>>
>>8044066
Sufferings of young Werther is a fantastic book, you should read it OP.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.