[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 4L_nI6W01Dc.jpg (26 KB, 305x475) Image search: [Google]
4L_nI6W01Dc.jpg
26 KB, 305x475
i want to get RFAD but i dont like the movie cover regularly available throughout the US so im considering importing the Penguin Modern Classic edition from the UK. Also so it would match with the rest of Selby's books if i do get into those
but is it worth it?
>>
life is short
let these things go
>>
I bought a copy of the idiot from B&N, and I didin't like the cover/backcover, so I tore it off the back and front and just wrote, "IDIOT," on the spine.
life's short
let these things go
>>
>>8043276
Did you make this thread because of the thread making fun of bad covers?
>>
life IS short
let these things go where they will

follow your impulse, it's not a high stakes situation
>>
fuck the cover you little prat.
life is short
let these things go.
>>
>>8043276
>there collection
>>
>>8043276
As an avid lover of the story, i couldn't bring myself to finish it. The slang talk it's unbearable and it moves pretty slow.
>>
nah. enjoy the content of the book instead
>>
life's too short to let a terrible book cover provoke your ocd every time you see and think about it. importing is definitely worth it
>>
life is short desu
let these things go
>>
>>8043276
Not much at all. Obviously if I'm faced with two books in the shop, basically the same price with different covers, then I will be picky. Otherwise I don't give a damn.

I do take note of the font used, spacing and general layout of the text.
>>
I've given this quite some thought over the years, whether I really care about how my bookcase looks. Eventually I decided to stop worrying about it, and go with the ancient arab proverb "نسم بم ثيسم سمكاكلكث بمد شممل" meaning "life is short. let these things go desu"
>>
>buying books for anything other than the words they contain
>>
If I'm on Thriftbooks and can choose different covers I'll sometimes pick one if I don't like the default, and I admit I do like series to match, but it's an afterthought at best.

But life isn't very long. You shouldn't hold on to things like this.
>>
life is a manlet
bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk
>>
>>8046299
Kek
>>
>>8043276
It literally does not matter. That said, if I have a choice, I refuse to buy a book that says "Now a Major Motion Picture :DDD" with a picture of the actor on the front.
>>
>>8046611
>buying books
>>
File: requiem.jpg (16 KB, 302x537) Image search: [Google]
requiem.jpg
16 KB, 302x537
>>8043276

I got my copy at an online used book store. If you care about these things, search those first.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.