[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT Behold A Man Edition For questions that don't deserve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
QTDDTOT Behold A Man Edition

For questions that don't deserve their own thread

I'm looking for a collection book of haiku or imagist poetry. Any recs?
>>
If Plato had one or both of his legs amputated by Diogenes the Cynic, would he be considered castrated / no longer a man anymore by his own definition?
>>
>>8038553
How does this definition fits with his theory of forms either way?
>>
you can't amputate a leg of the form, baka
>>
will i ever not be a virgin
>>
>>8038553
just think of 'biped' as 'biped by nature' or 'member of a bipedal species'. Damaged bipeds are still bipeds.
>>
In Ulysses, chapter "Oxen of The Sun", why are Stephen and his friends getting drunk in the hospital? Are they also there to see Mina Purefoy as well? Or does it have to do with Stephen's friends who are med students?
>>
where to start with De Maistre
>>
Are the Dover Thrift Editions better than Wordsworth?
>>
File: hp-lovecraft-complete-fiction-1.png (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
hp-lovecraft-complete-fiction-1.png
1 MB, 1200x1200
Is this the best collection of Lovecraft's works to get?
It looks really fucking good,but what about the content?
>>
>>8039879
yes - cheaper, smaller/lighter/pages stay together and passive covers
>>
>>8039896
So ordering a bunch of them wasn't a mistake then.
>>
>>8039899
no man, they're great
i bought a shitload of them in a year when i was first getting into literature back in highschool. covered a lot of the classics with their cheap editions.... also, if you're ordering from amazon they're almost definetely shipped for free, so its a pretty damn good deal
>>
>>8039888
Check out the Knickerbocker classics edition. If you get it make sure its the purple ribbon and not the gold ribbon.
>>
>>8039924
What does that have over the edition I posted?
that Cthulhtu is hella ugly btw
>>
>>8039936
Theres a book inside that. Its just a casing. Apparently there are less typos in the Knickerbocker edition if typos flare your autism then go for the Knickerbocker edition but if you can live with a bit more typos you get some notes before each story in that edition you posted.
>>
>>8039946
Thank you for all the information.
>>
Best translation of Iliad and Odyssey? I'm thinking of getting Lattimore
>>
>>8039888
No, not because of the edition itself, but because Lovecraft didn't write a lot of good stories. He's extremely repetitive and it's best to get a best of collection if possible.
>>
>>8040104
Lattimore is what I have, Fagle's is also very good I've heard.
>>
>>8038553
Only if you also tarred and feathered him.
>>
>>8038509
Based Dio
>>
Is there a good website or app for poetry? I want to read some people's poems and post some of my own.
>>
Can anyone recommend an overview of modern British historiography?

I know a good amount about French, German, and American, but very little about English history-writing. I know about the debates over Carr, but after that, I'm not sure how to characterise the general "spirit" of English history.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.