[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prose Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: billmurraycaddyshack.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
billmurraycaddyshack.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Why don't my prose sound good?

How do I get more better?
>>
>>8024635

Your idiosyncracies are contrived and inauthentic.
>>
>>8024642
rekt
>>
your prose is shallow and pedantic.
>>
ya writin sux da big peen
>>
>>8024693
good gravy this is a damning statement!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 960x720
>>8024658
I find this post rather shallow and pedantic.
>>
I like turtles.
>>
Post your prose, here's mine

> Waiting, knowing that what he waited for was not the same as what he anticipated, feeling, and knowing what he felt was not the same as what he knew, fagging, and being a fag, the OP posted his prose.
>>
>>8025235

>Waiting, knowing that what he waited for was not the same as what he anticipated, feeling, and knowing what he felt was not the same as what he knew, fagging, and being a fag, the OP posted his prose.

Real talk das some good shit nigguh. Spit hot fire dawg. Check it:

Therefore, ergo, vis-a-vis, concordantly, the individual writing the response to me, the OP, and when I say individual I do not mean to confuse any definition of an individual, not an individual as a sum of parts or a mythical interpretation of an individual as if they were an all knowing deity, I mean, specifically, the individual writing the response to me, the OP, and none other, can feel free to go ahead and lick my asshole and suck on my balls. It is this that I anticipate, knowing what I will feel is the equivalent to writing one sentence, just one sentence, of eternal prose.
>>
I'm starting to hate that word.

Prose.

Prose.

Yeah, kill yourself.
>>
>>8025344

Do you hate poetry, too?
>>
>>8025376
No. It doesn't make any sense to suggest as much by asking me that in the first place.
>>
>>8025389

>No. It doesn't make any sense to suggest as much by asking me that in the first place.

lol. You only write in Prose or Poetry, anon. Don't be silly.
>>
>>8025398
I don't mind prose, I'm merely upset that people use that word so much.
>>
no discernible talent.
>>
>>8024635
>more better

No one got this
>>
>>8025720
Everyone "got" it. You're a sperg.
>>
>>8025453
What word would you prefer to use to denote non-verse?
>>
>>8024635
Read "The Reader Over Your Shoulder: A Handbook for Writers of English Prose, 2nd Edition" by Robert Graves.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.