[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>she's really gone can literature ever fill the void
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 262x200
>she's really gone

can literature ever fill the void left by genuine love?
>>
>>8023549
Read Gravity's Rainbow and lay extra attention to the parts with Roger and Jessica. That really broke me down in a good way after my worst breakup.

But in reality only time and further experience will fix it.
>>
>>8023557
Gravity's Rainbow is a distraction from and a mockery of love, not a confrontation of it. It's like Frank Zappa's doo wop songs on Freak Out! But that's just my opinion.

I know it sounds a bit melodramatic but I really only wanted her, and now that she is gone all I'd like to do is move into the mountains outside of my town and become a hermit.
>>
>>8023566
Charva, my dear
I love you through and through
I loved you back in grammar school when we were sniffing glue
>>
>>8023549
I journeyed to the room at the top of the dark tower, I found the throne where God was to sit empty. NO.
>>
>>8023566
Yeah that's how it feels. It fades. Just distract yourself with self improvement and adventures. Eventually you'll forget what her face really looks like and the smell of her hair. You really will. That sounds awful because you love owe things now, but it's better and you'll love other things just as much.

I wasn't recommending GR as a whole would help. Just those passages about Roger and Jessica. They aren't goofy at all.
>>
>>8023598
Love and memory fading isn't a terribly comforting thing.
>>
>>8023608
It's all you get though. Best to make peace with that.
>>
>>8023590
if we take king's/browning's dark tower the seat there is rather a devil's one
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.