[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Dumas such an asshole? Holy shit.The story was so good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: the three muskateers.jpg (54 KB, 312x512) Image search: [Google]
the three muskateers.jpg
54 KB, 312x512
Why is Dumas such an asshole? Holy shit.The story was so good up until the last 15 or so chapters. Like Aramis, I'm disgusted by what took place, and I don't even really want to read the sequels.

I really really really want to like this book, because it's exciting with lovable characters. I loved the Count of Monte Cristo, but the ending to this takes such a hard left. Help me understand, what am I missing? The John Felton thing I get. Had I been more informed on history, I probably would have liked that sequence a little better, because it was clever. But the sequence after that went too far. Why did Dumas end his story like that?
>>
>>8022818
i had read it ages ago so i visited wiki to refresh the plot

now, it's ridiculous, wiki has a part that milady de winter might be a tranny.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milady_de_Winter#Transgender_Theory
>>
I'm sorry that a woman being a bad person and then getting her comeuppance triggers you OP.
>>
>>8022895
I read that today too. It's probably the faggot that wrote it that put it up there. It's so beyond stupid.

>>8022900
What triggers me is that she is evil incarnate with the most horrible and selfish intentions, and she succeeds in her evil plots. She's Claude Frollo in a novel that up until the point where she takes center stage, is jovial and fun and full of hope. And at the end, she's given a dignified death, and Dumas even makes the characters pity her as she's sentenced to die.

It's silly. If it was a dark story from the beginning, like Notre Dame, then I could easily digest the way the story turned. But it was a happy fun tale, that turned extremely dark. A character that evil should not be allowed to succeed.
>>
File: Louis XIV young.jpg (28 KB, 381x430) Image search: [Google]
Louis XIV young.jpg
28 KB, 381x430
On a related note, why do french kings all look like girls when they were kids?
>>
>>8022987
>tfw no qt french trap
>>
>>8022987
oh, what an adorable... princess
>>
>>8022928
>I read that today too. It's probably the faggot that wrote it that put it up there. It's so beyond stupid.

to be fair, ballsack write a novel about a similar tranny who also supposedly was a lover of some cardinal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarrasine

he also wrote a less realistic story (and without any cardinals this time)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séraphîta
>>
>>8022987
because kids haven't really developed the things that makes their sex stand out
>>
>>8023072
no, it's another proof that women are big children :^)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.