[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finished it one minute ago and my head is full of fucks. I still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: IJ.png (288 KB, 303x436) Image search: [Google]
IJ.png
288 KB, 303x436
Finished it one minute ago and my head is full of fucks.

I still haven't digested it, so I don't really know what to think of it except that I liked it. A lot of scenes hit me like a knee in the balls and the prose was amazingly crafted, but I have a few questions:

>Did Mike Pemulis have some connection to IJ?
>Did Gately die at the end?
>The fuck happened to Hal to make him so autistic in the beginning of the book?
>>
File: 1460245249951.png (302 KB, 467x437) Image search: [Google]
1460245249951.png
302 KB, 467x437
>>8022359
>the prose was amazingly crafted
>>
>>8022381
Anti-Wallace trolls can fuck right off and resume eating shit as per usual.
>>
>>8022386
jesus christ you are a faggot pleb
>>
>>8022381
I like his prose a lot. Can you explain why you don't like it?
>>
>>8022359
>>Did Mike Pemulis have some connection to IJ?
I don't think so, at least not directly.
>>Did Gately die at the end?
No, reread the first chapter and prepare to have your mind blown.
>>The fuck happened to Hal to make him so autistic in the beginning of the book?
Depends on who you ask. Some people theorize that it's because Pemulis slipped him the DMZ. I think on a less narrative-dependent level, Hal became so consumed with abstract images and his own psychological state that he lost the ability to communicate.
>>
>>8022482
Hal clearly gets dosed with the DMZ, which is the catalyst for his emotional shit. I didn't figure this out on my own, but the popular explanation is that JOI's ghost puts it on Hal's toothbrush.
>>
>>8022501
somebody linked this on another thread

http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/ijend

seems legit
>>
>>8022574
Ha, that actually was me. I kind of regret reading it because I'd like to think it's more fun to figure out on your own, but he really did put in the bare minimum number of clues to figure it out. Honestly, it was clever but it would've been artistically better to just write it out.
>>
>>8022603
yea, i filled in some of the stuff on my own.

never clued into the part about himself's wraith causing all sorts of mayhem, even though it seems obvious in retrospect. just thought his talking to gately was his only appearance
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.