[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Thomas Pynchon's cameo in Inherent Vice? >0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: japaneseinsurancesalesman.png (72 KB, 247x260) Image search: [Google]
japaneseinsurancesalesman.png
72 KB, 247x260
Is this Thomas Pynchon's cameo in Inherent Vice?

>00:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHl6qQ3V1Mc
>>
I'd say that's a pretty good guess.

Looks like an easy wig for sure.
>>
holy fuck this movie looks terrible
>>
>>8022111
well thats a deleted scenes reel
>>
File: pynchonivcam.jpg (87 KB, 1280x680) Image search: [Google]
pynchonivcam.jpg
87 KB, 1280x680
I used to think so because he shows up in another part (pic related), and it matches with that voice over:

>"older men, there and not there, rigid and unsmiling, with a defiant posture like the operatives who dragged away Coy Harlingen at the rally for vigilant California."

But now I'm not so sure. He's 77. I'm not so sure of that guy being 77.
>>
>>8022111

The Avengers is down the hall and to the left.
>>
>>8022163
>oh ok
>turns right

>no sir, to the left. theater 8

>which one is 8 again?

>it looks like the infinity symbol but upright

>whoa, trippy
>>
>>8022180

You should put that in your next book, Tom. The one about the Japanese Insurance Adjuster.
>>
>>8021920
fuck

looks tall enough

and looks like the pic of pinecone with his son in nyc
>>
It's this one. Why do you fuckers not believe me.
>>
Book soundtrack was better than the movie soundtrack.
>>
>>8022226

Tommy, you, of all people, should know that we don't just go around "believing" anything. Prove it.
>>
>>8022180
Pynch?
>>
It's not actually him, they just dressed somebody up to look like him. They wouldn't make it this obvious if it was real
>>
>>8022111
I really enjoyed it. One of the best films of 2014.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.