[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 35 days to kill. Recommend something to read.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1462401053588.jpg (72 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1462401053588.jpg
72 KB, 612x612
I have 35 days to kill.
Recommend something to read.
>>
>>8019419
What do you have to kill and why do you need to do it within 35 days?
>>
>>8019424
To kill something that lives or else I will be killed. "It's a game and as the great Bierce said 'nothing matters,' thus killing is okay" as master would say. "My name is master," said master.
>>
>>8019424
It's a figure of speech?
I have 35 days of nothing to do and no money. Planning on reading my way through it.
>>
>>8019444
The Man Without Qualities
>>
>>8019419
Maybe he is taking summer courses? You didn't specify what kind of books you like. As a neuroscience nerd:

Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain–for Life
>>
>>8019455
Fuck off pleb
>>
>>8019461
I will read anything that isn't complete dribble.
Sounds interesting, will have a look.
>>8019455
Will also give it a look.
>>
>>8019474
why you bully?
>>
>>8019480
>isn't complete dribble
the word you're looking for is drivel
>>
Why do you need to kill 35 days? Is it even possible to murder the passing of time?
>>
>>8019419
Kant's Critique of Pure Reason
>>
Don Quixote or Great Expectations. Do you prefer medieval tomfoolery or droll English humor? Take your pick.

I'm reading a set of essays by Elias Canetti called the Conscience of Words and it's a really fascinating set of insights into modern writing style and significance. It took me nearly three hours to parse the first essay on Hermann Broch and it's "Three Commandments" and "breath-picture" writing style. It's an interesting stumble on of mine.
>>
>>8019811
No, but it is possible to acknowledge you have 35 days with nothing to do and by planning to use them up doing a perticular thing you are essentially 'killing' them as they cannot be used for anything else assuming you stick to ur planz
>>
>>8019550
Hey there, newfriend.
>>
>>8019811
I never noticed how many international people we have on this board.

For OP:
Aristotle - Ethics
Dostoevsky - Super Karamazov Bros.
Tocqueville - Democracy in America
>>
2666. I've been doing the same as you, killing time after finals until I travel... Super engrossing read and long with a lot of variety.
>>
>>8019522
Cause is a loser
>>
>>8019419
White Noise
>>
>>8020219

https://youtu.be/yYQpPvkVaLM
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.