[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some books similar to Adventure Time? I really love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
What are some books similar to Adventure Time? I really love this show and I really want to know if there's anything written similar to it.
>>
>>8018924
This is bait, but still:

Salman Rushdie "Satanic Verses", and the oft memed about Gravity's Rainbow, sort of.
>>
>>8018926
This is not bait. I wanted to get into reading again but I don't know how to start. So I posted a TV show I really liked, or I'm looking up movies I really like and similar to books and I find nothing.
>>
>>8018936
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, then.

If you are looking for something that is both infantile, dreamlike, and somewhat grounded in reality, magical realism movement may appeal to you. This genre usually focuses on spiritual in mundane, and the conflict between the two, although not as extreme as in AT. I've watched only a bit so i can't be sure.

This is generally a bad place to start reading, though.
>>
I always thought Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was similar to it for some reason
Maybe it's the name
>>
>>8018924
Book of the New Sun
>>
>>8018968
Okay, if you think that magic realism is a bad place, can you tell me a book where two people try to get into conflict to win over the heart of a city? One noble and the other one trying to drive the city into insanity? I really like this idea too.
>>
>>8018924
Three Muskateers.

It's one of those classic books that everyone always says you should read, but you never do because it sounds boring.

It's fucking good, and has a lot of the jovial humor and fun from Adventure Time mixed with Dumas' gripping drama like from the Count of Monte Cristo.

It's a real easy book for people to get into, even if they're not really interested in reading.
>>
>>8018976
I have no idea why I have not read this book yet. My mom even has a copy too.

>>8018983
Surprisingly this is not a book I've heard of before. Is this a bootleg copy of Adventure Time?

>>8019002
I'll check out this book too. If it's anything as good as the candy bar I bet I'll love it.
>>
>>8018926
>This is bait

Because someone sincerely likes something?
>>
>>8018924
My dairy desu
>>
>>8019016
>Is this a bootleg copy of Adventure Time?

Oh boy.
It's a fantasy book that has nothing to do with Adventure Time. The world is kind of similar to AT in the sense that it's mysterious and has a deep lore you have to do some digging to find.
>>
>>8019019
No, I suspect a lot of people watched AT - I did, for example. It's just a signature reddit thing to do, which doesn't spoil the work, but attaches a stigma to it. A lot of people on this board have read King, I think, but they don't talk about it - it's a convention of sorts. Breaking such conventions usually implies intent, as people are generally familiar with the board culture.

There is nothing bad about liking something, of course. It is just that people are generally insecure about such things and wouldn't share them unless they anticipate a certain reaction.
>>
>>8018924
I certainly wouldn't start with this, but maybe Mason & Dixon? It's way more complex but at its core it's a hilariously whimsical and sometimes really feelsy story about two buddies journeying through a strange land as told to a group of children. Oh and there's a talking dog as well
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.