[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roomate gave me some Ayn Rand book called the Fountainhead,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: confused-businessman.jpg (7 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
confused-businessman.jpg
7 KB, 250x175
My roomate gave me some Ayn Rand book called the Fountainhead, I don't read much but I heard she sucks

Should I throw it away so it doesn't waste shelf space?
>>
Maybe try and read it and decide for yourself whether she sucks or not.

Or tell him you won't read it because some posters on 4chan said she sucks.
>>
>>8015358
Why would I think for myself when I could listen to what 4chan has decided what's good or not? I've let this site decide everything for me for years and it's never been wrong
>>
That greedy fucking cunt should be erased from history. I consider myself open to ideas of all kinds, but not that kind of reprehensible, dehumanizing bollocks.
>>
>>8015363
Stop using us you lazy parasite
>>
People don't like her for poorish prose and logic, as well as for being Nietzsche-light in many ways if that's what you're asking.
>>
That wouldn't be very nice of you.
>>
The Fountainhead is a legitimately good novel. It's pretty easy to read, so despite its length, it shouldn't occupy too much of your beloved shelf space for long.

Similar to Anthem, it deals mostly with pure individualism, without actually delving into Objectivism.

Maybe read Anthem first to get the general theme of Rand's belief in individualism (although note that the prose in Anthem is nothing like the prose in The Fountainhead).
>>
Don't read it. Burn it.
>>
>>8015363
Suicide is good. You should get on that, stat.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.