[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite parts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg (103 KB, 392x574) Image search: [Google]
Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg
103 KB, 392x574
Favorite parts?
>>
bananas, shiteating, sentient lightbulb
>>
the end of the Tchitcherine/Enzian plot
>>
>>8012978
also the part with the linguistic bodies exchanging pranks and the Kirghiz light
>>
Katje fucking
>>
The ending because at that part it was finally fucking over.
>>
>>8013039
>finishing a book you don't like
well meme'd ;^)
>>
There once was a fellow named Ritter
Who slept with a guidance transmitter
It shriveled his cock
Which fell off in his sock
And made him exceedingly bitter
>>
>>8012978
where they meet each other on the bridge?
bc that part was my favorite
>>
File: GR.png (690 KB, 789x570) Image search: [Google]
GR.png
690 KB, 789x570
When it ended.
>>
Reminder that the banana chapter was the second chapter and referencing it is a strong indicator that you haven't finished the book
>>
>>8014194
>ive read the book
>i dont just repeat memes ive heard from others
>>
>>8012977
hasn't read it.

Best sections is obviously the entire double S rocket site scene from the first description of the various meanings of architecture to Marvy's crew chasing Slothrop and shouting rocket limericks.

Slothrop wrecking the hotel with his party is also awesome.

Pokler's scenes are the most haunting, even if a little manipulative.
>>8012984
Somebody writes 'kill the police commissioner' on the wall and somebody actually does it! this alphabet is really something!

But I still don't really get the Kirghiz light shit...
>>
>>8012972
Pie fight

All of the times on the Anubis

Roger Mexico scenes

THE GODDAMN ENDING, HOLY SHIT and the buildup to it
>>
Read it a couple years ago and literally understood maybe 5% of it tops. That said, bits that stood out were Pokler's story, Slothrop eating the candies, and I vaguely recall a touching section that focused on Roger and his girlfriend (Jessica?) where he talks a bit about love or something.
>>
>>8012972
Did that author write a book on economics called Capital or something?
>>
>>8014158
Kek
>>
Is this much harder than V. ?
>>
>>8015128
It's like twice as hard
>>
>>8015128
The writing itself isn't really "hard" save for some references sprinkled around (it's a meme book, after all).

This book just tests your patience because in terms of storyline and handling of characters it is really fucking incoherent, not to mention long.
>>
File: 1409630808061.png (257 KB, 516x526) Image search: [Google]
1409630808061.png
257 KB, 516x526
>>8012977
>>
>>8014476
the chase scene in the mittelwerk was hilarious

Ja, ja, ja, ja!
In Prussia they never eat pussy!
>>
>>8012972
peenemunde testing maybe with pokler
>>
>>8012972
The orgy chain on the Anubis
The part where Slothrop was hanging around with the pig while dressed as a pig
All of the early parts with Roger & Jessica
The hotel scenes with Slothrop and Katje
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.