[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /lit/ i got my first payment for writing. i don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
hey /lit/

i got my first payment for writing. i don't have anyone to tell so i thought i'd post it here

thanks for reading
>>
>>8010918
What do you do exactly? Do you see yourself supported solely on writing?
>>
>>8010952
>What do you do exactly?
selling erotica on amazon.

>Do you see yourself supported solely on writing?
maybe. if i put enough time and effort into it. i didn't publish anything for a few months and the sales slowed down to a crawl. but i've started writing them again recently
>>
>>8010974
Interesting, what's the market in erotica like? Did you self publish or go through an editor?
>>
>>8011085
>what's the market in erotica like?
massive. there are always people looking for more erotica and romance on amazon.

>Did you self publish or go through an editor?
just me. i wouldn't want to involve anybody else and it's not necessary anyway.
>>
>>8011102
Ebooks or physical? What was the ballpark profit you made thus far?

Seems like an untapped market for a lot of writers, but even publishing under a pseudonym could help if people are finicky about being associated with 'smut,' I suppose.
>>
>>8011121
>Ebooks or physical?
just ebooks. it's a fast pulpy sort of market. the way you make money is by publishing a lot of okay stories, not by publishing a few great ones. at least with erotica, from what i've heard romance has a larger focus on quality and length. i don't think anyone's really looking to keep these stories though. they're just designed to be consumed

>What was the ballpark profit you made thus far?
the payment i got was $147.84 and the only money I've spent on this so far is for stock images. i'm at the low low low end of the erotica authors though and still relatively new to it. there are people making loads. but i'm planning on picking up my output again and if i can keep it up i'll get a more consistent income eventually

>Seems like an untapped market for a lot of writers
it's super easy to write for. i'm sure most people here would object to writing substandard works, or writing purely for money, but i want money and this works

>but even publishing under a pseudonym could help if people are finicky about being associated with 'smut,' I suppose.
yeah it took me awhile to actually do it because i was paranoid about it somehow being connected to my real name. still have no idea what i'll tell people if it ever turns into a good income
>>
congrats man
>>
>>8011160
What kind of stuff did you write? Standard pandering erotica or more weird stuff like "Fucked by my Billionaire Boss T-Rex"?
>>
>>8010918
>selling erotica on amazon.
You're a literary prostitute; I wouldn't read your writing if you paid me, lest my eyes contract an STD.
>>
>>8012720
>What kind of stuff did you write?
Well to begin with I just wrote anything I could think of basically, without doing any research. I did try some ones with funny titles/premises but nothing too outlandish. But I did awful covers and awful keywords though so they all bombed (and some of them were filtered). Since then I think I've published 9, mostly new, ones. The majority of those are all lesbian stories, which isn't a strong category at all. Straight and gay are both more popular than it. One of the titles on my other pen name though was about cheating and recently I realised that that's my second best selling of them all. So I've started writing a handful of cheating/cuck stories that I'm going to publish soon and see how they go. I don't think that's a very strong category either but we'll see.

It will be funny if it's successful enough for me to focus entirely on that because the idea that I make money off of cuck stuff would be really amusing.

>Standard pandering erotica or more weird stuff like "Fucked by my Billionaire Boss T-Rex"?
Well I'd argue the latter is the sort of pandering stuff. Billionaires is one of the huge genres and so is "shifters" (alpha men that can turn into a wolf or a bear or whatever), that's where the big bucks are. So I guess so far I've been doing more niche stuff.

>>8012728
>I wouldn't read your writing if you paid me,
That would be pretty counterproductive of me. I'm trying to make money, friend.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.