[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
good lord should i lay down 50 smackers for j r?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: j r amazon.png (109 KB, 977x389) Image search: [Google]
j r amazon.png
109 KB, 977x389
good lord

should i lay down 50 smackers for j r?
>>
I'm in the same boat
>>
>not buying the hardcover
Spend that 250 buckeroos without remorse, my friend.
>>
I've got a 20% off at Abe Books that I'm about to burn on it. I haven't been able to find any Gaddis locally.
>>
I got that same edition at a bookstore for 20 bucks. Are you sure this is the only place where you can get a JR?
>>
It's available for the normal retail price in England. Why the fuck don't they put it back in print here?
>>
Fuck guy, I must admit a very autistic thing. I read all my books in pirated virtual form. But the thing is I like physical copies. So I actually hand write all the books I've read and make a nice looking book out of it
>>
>>8009599
If true that's very patrician.
>>
>>8009599
lmao post pics or you lie
>>
>>8009599
Dubs for Ménard.
>>
>>8009568
wtf
what's special about that edition?
>>
Please just go to the library.
>>
>>8009643
nothing, it's just out of print everywhere.
>>
>>8009646
checked, it's not even in the database. i live in a small town in tennessee. i guess i could try nashville or something
>>
Does anyone know if these Dalkey Archive printings are any good or are the cheap/crappy bindings? I just ordered a 1st ed. JR but I still need to get The Recognitions. I'm willing to pay more for a non-shitty copy but I don't want to if I don't have to.
>>
>>8009675
i'm no connoisseur but i was pleased with my dalkey recognitions
it's probably as good or better as the penguin ones
>>
>>8009678
I read a couple of Amazon reviews talking about the text being way off center. Is that common or did they just get a bad copy?
>>
>>8009686
outside margin is a bit bigger than the inside but i didn't notice it and it didn't bother my reading. but i mean if you're willing to pay for a 1st ed JR you might be happier if you spend on a nice recognitions as well.
>>
>>8009700
1st ed. JR paperback (they printed both at the same time) only set me back $40.

I don't mind that type of "off-center," I just don't want crooked text or the margins varying widely page to page.
>>
>>8009675
I have few books from Dalkey Archive, no complaints
>>
>>8009599
pls b true
>>
how do i into gaddis? is a frolic of his own his most accessible book, because that's what i've heard
>>
>>8010242
Just start with The Recognitions. It's not as difficult as people say it is, just very long.
>>
>>8009599

you're a god damn liar but please post pics if you really do this

>fellow pirate
>>
>>8009646
J R is one of those books you want to own. Like Mason & Dixon or Infinite Jest, or any of those other tomes. Being able to read comfortably without having to stress about library due dates is nice.
>>
>>8009675
Nah, quality is solid. Font is fine, spine/bindings appear to be pretty good.
>>
>>8009646
>muh library

Fuck this meme
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.