[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>While art and music will be widely practised and taught,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>While art and music will be widely practised and taught, heavy or bulky equipment and buildings specifically devoted to the practice of the arts will be abolished. In the literary field, the ministry of education will grant permissions to print only fictional and non-fictional works of high quality: trashy novels will vanish. The inherited capital of public and private libraries will be carefully managed. Afternoon newspapers and pulp literature will be abolished.

Why aren't you an ecofascist yet, /lit/?
>>
> the ministry of education will grant permissions to print only fictional and non-fictional works of high quality: trashy novels will vanis
There's no way to decide objectively what's high quality and what the population wants.
>>
>>8009263
But I am, sort of.
>>
>>8009270

Every work written before the printing press shall be excused from this treatment. That already cuts down on the number of books that are to be abolished.
>>
>>8009270
it's not what society wants it's what society decides is best for society.

"society" wants Kim Kardashian.
>>
>>8009289
I seriously hope that you'll get raped by a pack of small starving African boys, crying helplessly as they pass you on HIV and anal warts and maybe even pass some small bugs crawling on the surface of their dicks through your anus and into your intensines.

Although I'm honestly scared that you would probably enjoy all this.
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face[1].jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face[1].jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>8009302
>>
>>8009263
literally just a vitamin d deficiency that's making him so edgy
>>
>>8009783

Don't tell me you wouldn't want a world without Harry Potter, trashy romance, and YA.
>>
>>8009302
You forgot "and a few am stations"
>>
>>8009871
You reek of someone who thinks he's smarter than everyone else
>>
>>8009970

>Projecting this much
>>
>>8009298
You're a lot like those TV talking heads that spout off as if they speak for everyone else.
>the nation demands ___
>the American people are sick of ___
>society decides ___ is best

You are not society. None of your friends are society. Society is society, and you don't get to decide what's best for it because it is composed of individuals that are allotted just as much say as you. Regardless if the people in this society choose to suddenly gain your personal taste or wallow in shallow fleeting pop-culture and celebrity gossip trash, that's their decision to make.
>>
>>8010000
i dont watch tv
>>
>>8010000
>Society is society, and you don't get to decide what's best for it because it is composed of individuals that are allotted just as much say as you.

Says who?
>>
>>8010003
Good, it's all shit.
>>8010033
Anyone who doesn't explicitly consent to you influencing their life in an intrusive manner such as this is not subject to your whims.
>>
>>8010046
>Anyone who doesn't explicitly consent to you influencing their life in an intrusive manner such as this is not subject to your whims.

You didn't answer the question. What you gave is empty individualist rhetoric. What makes you think that a person who is in favor of destroying books or entertainment would care about individualism?
>>
>>8010062
>You didn't answer the question. What you gave is empty individualist rhetoric.
First of all, "says who" is pointless in this context. Saying that one person such as myself simply held this as my opinion and that alone is my reasoning implies my own authority, which is hypocritical. I also don't understand what makes it "empty" when it makes sense.
>What makes you think that a person who is in favor of destroying books or entertainment would care about individualism?
It's not that I think they care about it, it's the same as anyone who wants to oppress others because they feel they know what's best. I'm not suggesting they share my personal view, but understand that their goal is unfeasible and even if achieved would be horrendously ineffective. Their narcissism can't compete with logic.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.