[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody get early scifi writers constantly confused? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: brad.jpg (53 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
brad.jpg
53 KB, 640x436
Does anybody get early scifi writers constantly confused?

I can't tell the difference between Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, and Arthur C. Clark.

I know Heinelen was a fascist and Philip K. Dick was crazy, but that's it.
>>
Heinlen was an anti-Authoritarian, which is pretty much the opposite of a fascist. PKD had some troubled personal relationships with people, but I definitely wouldn't call him crazy.

The difference between Asimov and Bradbury would be immediately apparent if you read their works. Their writing styles aren't even similar, you can't really compare Dandelion Wine with Foundation I for example.
>>
>>8009123

Heinlein supported and defended the usage of nuclear weapons for the good of the state.

>>8009044

The difference is that Bradbury and PKD are actually extremely talented writers while Asimov and Clark are science enthusiasts/professionals who happened to get famous writing fiction.
>>
>>8009044
i'd be crazy too if my name was Dick
>>
>>8009201
>pkd an extremely talented writer

It's really easy to write characters that know nothing and do nothing but drugs. All you have to do is know nothing and do nothing but drugs.
>>
>>8009044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T45V9LF7WHg
>>
I get confused between Bradbury, Chandler, and Carver.
>>
thats warhol in the picture though
>>
>>8009044
Lemme help you.

>Ray Bradbury
The guy who was a failed poet.
>Isaac Asimov
Wrote YA about le robots.
>and Arthur C. Clark.
The guy who was most famous for being a raging pedophile.
>>
>>8009201
So why are Asimov and Clarke more celebrated than Bradbury?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.