[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your writing is so bad Why even bother trying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: dead inside.jpg (40 KB, 618x400) Image search: [Google]
dead inside.jpg
40 KB, 618x400
>tfw your writing is so bad

Why even bother trying?
>>
>tfw your life is incredibly idyllic so you can't write from experience and you don't have an inch of creativity in you either

Kill me already
>>
>>8008863
pls write about the good times
tell me the nice things
>>
>>8008884
One time when I was a child, I accidentally broke a vase before my father was home. Usually, he would become incredibly angry and yell at me at a couple of decibels, but when he went home he was okay with it.

Best time of my childhood.
>>
>tfw your autism seeps into your characters so that the only people you know how to write are over-logical robots
>>
>tfw trying to write a novel and your first chapter is boring shit and when you ask your friends to critique it they just say "yeah good job man"
>>
>John Green will never emerge from beneath the covers with that smug grin on his face after eating your box to ask whether you came
>>
>>8008863
>cant write from experience
That's a poor excuse unless you actually have not done a single thing in your life. I mean, T.S. Eliot hardly lived much of a life in his early years (besides reading) and he was still able to pump out Prufrock.
>>
>>8008899

Eliot, and other authors with unremarkable lives, were had good /lit/ skills though.

If you don't have /lit/ skills, it seems like the only way to make up for it is to write from experience.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.