[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Ulysses the first slice of life anime? Its characters even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: jon arbuckle.jpg (86 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
jon arbuckle.jpg
86 KB, 774x1032
Was Ulysses the first slice of life anime?

Its characters even match the genre archetypes. Leopold-chan is the sweet moe girl. Stephen-chan is the logical, unemotional one (with a soft side). Buck-chan is the boisterous joker. Molly-chan is the perverted girl who's always grabbing her friends' tits. Etc.

This book is just dying to be made into an anime about cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>8003627
Go back to /r9k/ or /a/, you pathetic waste of space.
>>
>>8003633
Gawrsh anon, doesn't actually having read the book make me more qualified to be here than almost every other poster? ^^;;
>>
>>8003633
No no no I think the OP has a good point.
>>8003627
What anime would you compare Ulysses to?
>>
File: yuru yuri yeah.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yuru yuri yeah.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
>>8003654
The characters remind me of the Yuru Yuri girls, though their relationships and interactions are somewhat different. Only somewhat though.
>>
>>8003676
Akari = Dedalus
Toshino = Buck Mullighan
>>
>>8003627
I haven't watched any anime in years but the frequency with which I have similar thoughts to this is appalling.
Most recently I was reading the Iliad and thinking about how similar it was to Shonen fighting anime how easy it would be to adapt.
>>
>>8003627

I always imagine what I'm reading as an anime anyway.
>>
>>8003836
patrician
>>
Man in the brown macintosh is the animator's self-insert
>>
>>8003627
You people seem to forget that the people who make manga and anime are much more well read than your average otaku or weeaboo. These people have probably read a lot of western literature and its not too uncommon to see references and inside jokes from ,sometimes obscure, western literature. Manga and Anime creators are usually smart people who sometimes channel their creativity into stupid ways.
>>
>>8003627
we live in an age where nothing is sacred
>>
No I said no you weeb no.
>>
>>8003627
that drawing really bothers me for some reason
>>
>>8003853
>>8003627
I hate to tell you guys, but ive seen it as a an anime or comic (what's the difference anyway), I think it was anime, at barnes and noble.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.