[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do with some old books I don't want anymore,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1450328552437.jpg (23 KB, 428x243) Image search: [Google]
1450328552437.jpg
23 KB, 428x243
What should I do with some old books I don't want anymore, /lit/? Most are too old to resell and the library won't take them either since they'd only want stuff they can sell. Throwing them away/recycling them doesn't seem right either.
>>
>>8002980
If they are shitty paperback books that are too worn out for a used bookstore to take just throw them away.
>>
>>8002980
What sort of stuff have you got, OP?
>>
hand em out to kids on halloween
>>
>>8002980
Take them to Good Will or a local thrift store to donate them. Put an ad on craigslist, "free books in cardboard box with 'free' written on it" then put it at the end of your driveway. Or sidewalk if you live in the city.
>>
File: 2016-05-05 12.06.49.jpg (1 MB, 2546x1656) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-05 12.06.49.jpg
1 MB, 2546x1656
>>8003019
Here's a pic. Got these books back in the senior year of HS six or so years ago. They were discarding old books so I grabbed all these. Read a good portion of them but a lot of them don't interest me.

>>8003048
I'll see if I can find a goodwill store around here that'll take them. The one I know of primarily focuses on furniture.
>>
>>8003077
most of them don't look any worse than the shit that gets posted on the average bookshelf thread on here
>>
>>8003093
Yeah just about all of them are perfectly fine reads. I'm just downsizing and those are the books I don't need anymore.
>>
Burn them!
>>
write weird notes in the margins and give them to a thrift shop
>>
>>8003077
Seconding Goodwill. That's looks like 90% of their shelves.
>>
>>8003237
Keep the books near a fireplace, get comfy with them. Remember to rip them page by page as throwing an entire book into the fire will likely not do much good.
>>
>>8002980
I'm pretty sure you can sell them to a local used books store.
>>
File: DSC04411.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC04411.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
>>8003045
>>8003463
Both solid advice. If not, try donating to anyone who's interested. The local Congregationalists are happy to take whatever I give them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.