[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize you weren't actually talented?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 368x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 368x700
When did you realize you weren't actually talented?
>>
Not there yet. Still in the haven't even tried yet so I can't know stage.
>>
>>8000117
When I realized I writing anything longer then eight pages was impossible.
>>
>>8000117
We all have our skill ceilings. Don't despair. Just make sure you are operating at your limits and true to your authentic self. At the very least you will be writing for yourself.
>>
Not yet, thankfully
>>
>>8000138
How are you speaking down to anyone you're the worst
>>
File: 34535345.jpg (19 KB, 575x748) Image search: [Google]
34535345.jpg
19 KB, 575x748
>>8000138
happy post-post 8 million butters
>>
>>8000144
LOL
>>
when i failed my physics final today
>>
trying Is the first step towards failure
-Homer
>>
>>8000000
>>
>>8000117
Talent isn't important stupid.

Walking around thinking "Hurr durr I'm so untalented" isn't practicing your prose or figure drawing or duck fucking.

Talent is just another word for "Natural aptitude" and even a kid with a "Natural aptitude" for fucking ducks or whatever poxy pursuit you fill your worthless time with, isn't gonna become a major league duck fucker without hundreds and thousands of hours of practice, after which the level of aptitude developed dwarfs the small advantage of "talent".

PRACTICE You toothless depressive debt-ridden cretin.

PRACTICE!
>>
>>8001149
im sorry
>>
I already knew that. I'm just practicing now, because I don't think writing is something I could ever stop doing.
>>
File: accepting.jpg (17 KB, 440x256) Image search: [Google]
accepting.jpg
17 KB, 440x256
>>8000117
I realize every day. My most recent realization was just a moment ago, when i decided to transcribe my writings from my phone to paper. What is even the point?
>>
>>8002307
Love these kind of posts man

What is it with /lit/ and 4chan in general and valuing natural aptitude/potential to do well over actual, comprehensive, practice-incurred ability
>>
>>8002342
everyone is eager to find a reasonable explanation for their failures without looking inward. it is so much easier to say "well, i never really had a chance to begin with" than to say "i could have been so great"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.