[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk about Hegel and how his philosophy applies to today's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hegel.jpg (98 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
hegel.jpg
98 KB, 500x573
Lets talk about Hegel and how his philosophy applies to today's word.

Has his predictions come true? Has spirit reached a purer reality?
>>
Nah. We live in the age of scientism. We're fucked lads.
>>
Hegel is literal nonsense for pseudointellectuals. Whenever I hear someone mention Hegel I discard every opinion they've ever had.
>>
>>7999976
Did you just start reading Schopenhauer quotes and built up your philosophical views on those?
>>
Daily reminder hegel was wrong about literally everything
>>
>>7999976
he is basically just expanded on heraclitus
>>
>>8000160
no, i formed my own opinions
>>
>>7999976
>*holds several Hegelian beliefs unconsciously*
>>
>>7999277
>>7999976>>8000171
>>8000174

Do you guys even know what he thought? Have any of you really his books?
I'll be honest I haven't, thus I haven't formed a strong opinion, but I have read a few essays on his ideas, and they struck me as rather interesting and useful.

Effectively a kind of social evolution in which our society itself comes ever closer to God. And he heavily inspired Marx, so obviously the ideas have a degree of merit.

You have to understand first.
>>
>>8003402
https://philosophynow.org/issues/86/Hegels_God

Read this in case you actually want to K ow even a little of his actual thought, pretty intriguing ideas.

Google search the article if you get the paywall.
>>
>tfw people think Hegel's union of state and individual was the absolutist state
>tfw they don't realize the real Aufhebung is between totalitarianism and postmodern orgyporgemeinschaft egalitarianism
>>
>>8003430
someone is upset they couldn't understand him
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.