[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I know a lot of you fucks are probably working on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: book-731199_1280-300x300.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
book-731199_1280-300x300.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
Hey /lit/, I know a lot of you fucks are probably working on a novel right now. What's it about? Is it going well, or are you struggling? Do you think it has any chance of getting published as an actual book?
>>
Literature is dead.
>>
My novel is actually a sequel to an earlier novel I've already written. It's about a journey through Niflheimr, the northernmost of the Nine Worlds of Norse cosmology. I suppose you'd call it historical fantasy.

The plan is to get them both published. I tried to query and find an agent, but it wasn't taking. Therefore I'm trying a new tactic: I've also written lots of short stories, so I'm trying to get them published and raise my profile as a writer. Hopefully I'll make enough of a name for myself that an agent will pick me up, and then we can go from there.
>>
>>7995718
Suck it Ben.

My space opera series of books makes a much needed upgrade to the tried and true structure of "the heroes journey" and gives it a 21st century overhaul. In stores soon
>>
>>7995765
>writes shitty genre fiction for 10 year olds
>claims he will rehaul the genre
>"self publishing" -> in stores

kek

gas yourself gasautist
>>
Written two books so far, have been querying around but have absolutely no success.

I started a third book, haven't gotten very far in it. Got enough ideas for a fourth one, but i'm a little demoralized.
>>
>>7995769
There's no need to be upset. I can back up my claims.
>>
>>7995781
Stay with it! Doing nothing gets you nowhere. Anyone can do nothing.
>>
>>7995765
Dude, you've described the books a thousand times on here, from what you've said it offers nothing new whatsover, and it's just the same old l. ron hubbard type sci-fi bullshit.

Which probably means it will be published, actually.
>>
>>7995714
It's about a guy who gets saved by a girl and follows her around the world by a trail of good deeds.

I've only plotted a skeleton plot because I'm working on a short story first.
>>
>>7995786
I'd never quit writing, even if I have no chance of success. My problem is i get good feedback on my books, people like the queries, but I've gotten 0 attention from any agent I query, just form rejections.

I'm really at the point where I have no idea how I could improve my query, but hell I don't even know if that's that problem.
>>
>>7995714
Guy is head of manor for multibillionaire. Becomes friends since similar age. Guy fuck up his life chasing the wealth and gives it to his new friend. Guy realizes how lost his friend is and throws the wealth all away
>>
>>7995714
It's about a human ending up in Ponyville where he has sex with the mane six.

If I change the names around, I could probably have another Fifty Shades of Grey on my hands (Fifty Shades of Neigh?).
>>
>>7995714
It's about life in a cult I grew up in. There's more to my idea, but I need to write more so that I can say this idea is mine before sharing the fully fleshed idea.
>>
File: dragon-01.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
dragon-01.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
I'm writing a story about a dragon appearing in a college student's dorm room. The twist is that it winds up being a political thriller as opposed to a standard adventure novel.

The dragon was banished to Earth by a group of evil elves as a test for a portal spell, which they're going to use to send the rest of his clan within a week. So the protagonists have to scramble to help the government prepare for the event, so that it doesn't end in disaster. A lot of humans are, naturally, uncomfortable with the idea of a bunch of fire-breathing lizards popping out of nowhere.

I think it's coming along pretty good so far. My one concern is my lack of an outlineā€”I'm have a brief plot sketch, but I'm otherwise just winging it. Do you guys plan things more in-depth, or is my method pretty much par for the course?
>>
>>7995714
I've got it all mapped out and I rough start written. I probably won't write it in full for years until I'm knowledgeable enough to make it matter. But I know it will be something great once I do.
>>
I want to say it's a deconstruction on common fantasy tropes set in a world I've been building for a good couple of years now, but re-reading it now, that's not how it turned out. It's too character driven to say there is much of a plot, which is a shame I guess. But it's about a dragon seeking to teach a princess how to channel magic. It wound up dealing with loss/moving on and loneliness.
Also lesbians. Didn't even intend that one. I guess I'll see where I'm at when I rewrite more than the first chapter.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.