[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this guy actually worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: craig-smiling[1].png (282 KB, 400x466) Image search: [Google]
craig-smiling[1].png
282 KB, 400x466
Is this guy actually worth reading?
>>
Not really. His better counterparts are Peter Kreeft for more pleb introductions and Edward Feser for the best contemporary Christian philosophy that isn't purely read by academics.
>>
>>7995090
no of course he fucking isn't
>>
>>7995135
>>7995104
Any other thoughts? From the little I've read of him, I thought his argument of the "witness of the Holy Spirit" as a foundational belief was interesting.
>>
>>7995216
He's an evangelical so it's all quite dubious t b h
>>
>>7995090
Everything that begins has a cause, the universe began therefore the universe has a cause.
Prove me wrong losers
>>
File: nietzsche bietzsche.jpg (121 KB, 400x508) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche bietzsche.jpg
121 KB, 400x508
>>7995316
The universe never began, it just developed.
>>
>>7995316
Everything that begins has an end neo, If God began the universe then God has an end, he is therefore not God
>>
>>7995320
Shutter shades were a 2009 thing and YOLO was a 2013 thing. Whoever made that didn't know his 21st century culture very well
>>
>>7995344
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last.

Translated from Aramaic:
I am Alap and I am Tau, The First and The Last, The Origin and The Fulfillment.
>>
>>7995344
Also God is eternal. Bound to no thing, but all things are bound to Him.
>>
>>7995372
Fuck off anon, I don't have any ropes around me.
>>
>>7995387
Neither does the Earth but it's bound to all the laws of the universe. Just as you are.
>>
>>7995387
You ought to.
>>
>>7995316
>Everything that begins has a cause
[citation needed]
>the universe began
[citation needed]
>therefore the universe has a cause
[citation needed]
>>
No. Lowest tier of Christian apologetics
>>
>>7995104
Yeah Feser is great.
>>
>>7996958
Do you rebuke the law of causality?

Do you believe the Big Bang Theory?
>>
>>7997241
>Do you rebuke the law of causality?
There is no such 'law'.

>Do you believe the Big Bang Theory?
It doesn't say what you think it says.
>>
>>7997274
As far as we are concerned there is.

>It doesn't say what you think it says.
I'll just say the same stupid shitty thing back. What now?
>>
>>7996980
Who's highest tier then
>>
>>7997296
You are scientifically illiterate.
>>
>>7997315
That would be you.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.