[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I getting into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I have some money that I can finally expend in buying more things to read.
Some friends recommended me Infinite Jest and it seems to get a lot of approval here.
Im really looking foward to reading it but I wanna know if there's any literally analysis or any other stuff that would be cool to know before start reading this thousand pages mammut?
>>
In a word...

no.
>>
>>7994942
I haven't read it yet, it's fiction though. Just dive in, there is nothing you need to know before doing that other than knowing how to read.
>>
>>7994942
Don't read any guide before you read it, read them as you go if you're confused or need some illumination.
>>
I got into /lit/ again after a six month hiatus, and this book is still the subject of at least 1/10 threads at all times.

Why won't you people give it a rest? I liked the book too but I don't get it...there are millions of books to discuss and yet people always want to talk about this meme tome
>>
>>7994942
Just read it fast and maybe take some notes. If you take too long you'll forget things and be confused. It's a fun book and rewards Talmudic focus and rereading up to a point but it's not some flawless ne plus ultra of fiction.

>>7995737
You get more discussion in threads about something everyone has read. Even more so if that book is 1000 pages long and offers a lot to talk about.

Memes serve to foster communication through common ground.
>>
>>7995737
>not constantly posting IJ threads and posting IJ posts
>>
Naw do all the literary analysis after you read it. The prose is pretty basic and it's not that hard to follow. You probably won't get most of it the first time you read it. There's a lot of implied events so don't worry if things don't make sense or even worse if you think what is happening is currently boring because it will make sense and be absolutely worth it in the end.
>>
>>7996931
>The prose is pretty basic and it's not that hard to follow
u wot
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.