[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should I start with Woolf? Mrs Dalloway seems like a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: vergenia wolfe.jpg (2 MB, 2924x3994) Image search: [Google]
vergenia wolfe.jpg
2 MB, 2924x3994
Where should I start with Woolf? Mrs Dalloway seems like a good entry point.
>>
>>7993707
night and day
>>
just reeeaaaad ahhhhh
>>
>>7993712
I don't want to get memed by dificult stream of consciousness :(
>>
>>7993721

It's not difficult, it's most just boring as shit.
>>
>>7993721
shut up idiot just go to the library and pick the book you want to read
>>
It's normie lit, written by a pretty and sophisticated woman, about having a family and reflecting on a life well lived.

Way too fucking depressing for me to read.
>>
>>7993707
My lit class has just been assigned Mrs Dalloway so I'm taking that as a sign that it is the best place to start.
>>
virginia woolf has good prose but honestly the books are intensely boring, its hard to even keep track of it because you keep zoning out until youre just going over words
>>
File: 3104ifPPKLL.jpg (11 KB, 345x500) Image search: [Google]
3104ifPPKLL.jpg
11 KB, 345x500
>>7993707
try this
it's short and it's about a dog
>>
start with Mrs Dalloway, if you're having trouble following the shifting stream of consciousness don't be afraid to check a guide or sparknotes
>>
>>7993707
I started with Mrs. Dalloway and I absolutely loved it. Seriously. Dalloway herself was super relatable, and her descriptions of London are beautiful, and it really just broke my heart. Not a very happy book. All about missing someone, and losing out on opportunities, and growing old. A lot of stuff. In my top ten for sure. NOT THAT DIFFICULT. Read it man.
>>
>>7993772
I think you meant
>by a petty
>>
Not worth reading.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.