[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Three Brothers, they're just..Three Brothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: Two Brothers.jpg (47 KB, 278x475) Image search: [Google]
Two Brothers.jpg
47 KB, 278x475
Reading this for the first time, from an existentialist perspective. Oscillating between fascination and complete boredom. There's a very long boring phase that really depresses me in the way anyone gets when disappointed by a classic when BAM, you find out how the murder really went down. You think it doesn't get any more dark and compelling than this when in the next chapter Satan appears.

Compound this with the fact that I was literally JUST watching Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal and was captivated by the knight's line. "They say you've been in league with the devil . . . I, too, want to meet him." She asks why. "I must ask him about God. He must know, or else nobody does."

In Brothers, page 597 of Dover Thrift Edition,

"Is there a God or not?" Ivan cried with the same savage intensity."
"Ah, then you are in earnest! My dear fellow, upon my word I don't know. There! I've said it now!"

Sorry for the long mostly nonsensical post. In the tradition of existentialism I didn't want to prove anything but share the experience of this book for me right now. Thoughts on this? Brothers in general? Dostoyevsky in general?
>>
>>7993317
>whoaaaaa dude, it's so DAAAARK and stuff

>>>reddit
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.