[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books were you wrong about? Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (12 KB, 181x279) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12 KB, 181x279
What books were you wrong about? Pic related
>>
GO
>>
>>7991592
this book still sits on the shelf of bmv in Toronto (biggest used book store in the city). it's been about 5 months now. same copy, same price. $7 is too much for torontonians to pay for tao lins shit book lol. I smile every time I see it there.
>>
>>7991630
Odd. I'd expect Torontonians to be exactly the kind of faggots that would read this hot trash.
>>
>>7991634
I know right. even hipsters don't want his trash.
>>
Why is there so much hate for Tao Lin on the Internet? Taipei is no masterpiece, but it's not shit.
>>
>>7991639
It's not great, Tao. I'm really sorry. I wanted to like your book, but I didn't.
>>
>>7991639
>rich parent MFA darling
>autist
>posted about self on /lit/
>early writing is all spergy trash
>drugs meme
By the time he actually applied himself with Taipei he had already made a fool of himself.
>>
>>7991652
yeah it was boring
>>
File: wild animus.jpg (29 KB, 318x381) Image search: [Google]
wild animus.jpg
29 KB, 318x381
>>7991592
Turns out it's actually a masterpiece.
>>
>>7991639

He covers the same bases as Ellis except gayer and less ironic.
>>
I used to think taipei was horrible too. But now I see it as the most accurate description of modern life that ive seen. I didnt really see it unitl I started writing myself and thinking about how contemporary beautiful prose would look like. It does read like a long text or internet post but its not gimmicky and it is incredibly beautiful sad and accurate if you give it the chance. I didnt come around to it until I started reading more poetry which I think is closer to what he is trying to do.
>>
>>7991789
>the most accurate description of modern life that ive seen
I can't think of anything less interesting.
>>
>>7991789
If you want a spot-on display of modern life why not just step the fuck outside?
>>
>>7991792
Well to each his own I guess.
>>7991797
Because contemporary life doesnt exist outside anymore.
>>
>>7991711
>gayer than Ellis

Kek
>>
>>7991630
Hm. When I go there I usually cycle through the entire fiction section and I've never seen it. You talking about the Bloor and Spadina location?
>>
I was wrong about The Bible. It's clear to me now that God is real. My perspective has changed so radically that I don't think I could even have a conversation with the person I was before I read it. It has nothing to do with logic and reason, it's just an experience. I wouldn't call it a conversion so much as an awakening. You simply realize the truth.
>>
>>7991630
I think I'll pop by there tomorrow and buy it and leave a note of what I think is greatest novel written that is sadly out of print.
>>
>>7992692
Still in stock on amazon.ca, so...
anyway better be true to that date because I'll be there to take it wednesday if you or someone else hasn't already
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.