[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to know if i should take the time to read such a vast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Infinite_jest_cover.jpg (28 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_jest_cover.jpg
28 KB, 300x464
I need to know if i should take the time to read such a vast book. Today i watched a movie in which said book was the protagonist favourite and the reason for another character's suicide, thats why i wanna read it. Excuse my poor english, fellow reader, but i am not a native english speaker
>>
what was the movie?

don't read it if you don't want to, it's time for you to make a big boy decision.
>>
Are you asking if we would rec it? Read it, man. I enjoyed it much more than most books I've read.
>>
I had fun reading it some people don't like it and I can see why

I think going into it thinking of it as a time commitment is a bad way to view infinite jest
>>
I wouldn't spend another minute on it, honestly.
>>
>>7987772
Its not so much about time but about money. I wanted to know if it was worth the money invested.
>>
>>7987775
why not?
>>
>>7987801
money???!?!?!?

>https://www.uploady.com/#!/download/nFNAfjiXIb6/FlWPJQj0NcaMxcBq

if you are saying between reading infinite jest and working a job I would have to say do the job
>>
"No one single instant of it was unendurable. Here was a second right here: he endured it. What was undealable-with was the thought of all the instants all lined up and stretching ahead, glittering." -DFW

Same thing with page numbers bro
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.